1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

setup my 75gal, WITH SAND

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Pacuguy, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

finally setup my 75 gal again, with a sand bottom this time.
    just got to let it cycle then load it with fish.
    any suggestions on what i should put in it?

[​IMG]

sorry about the dark pic

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Very nice. Did you use pool filter sand?

What type of fish do you have in mind? Cichlids? Peaceful community fish? Unusual fish?

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

try cichilids.

4. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Red Bellies would look nice in that or like OneWolvesDream said some cichlid's would be cool.

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

If your looking towards bigger fish I think you could put 2 oscars in their provided you kept up with maintance, also some africans chiclids would be pretty cool since you can keep a deasent amount in a tank of that size.

6. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

Yes i did use pool filter sand. Its only 8 bucks for a 50lb bag its waaaaayyyyyyy cheaper than Aquarium sand its about 40 bucks for 20lbs!
    it took 75lbs to give me a nice amount on the bottom.

it took me about an hour to rinse it all.

I was thinking of trying my hand at Unusual fish, sharks, Rays somthing like that.

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, dats got my vote, go with the unusual fish!

8. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

well i decided on a Flowerhorn, i picked him up today, hes about 3.5 - 4 inchand starting to get his mighty hump, i'll post some pics as soon as i take em.