1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shaking Dog need help

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by daddyfs, Mar 15, 2005.

1. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

A co worker of mine has a pit puppy thats about 4 months old.. but he says all the sudden the pup is shakin like he is havin a sezure (sp). then he walks around with his head to the ground and runs into walls.. he has already spent over 1200 dollars in vet bills, but they have no answer.. i am jus wonderin if any of yall run into this.. thank you

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Theres quite a few things that can cause this, how long ago did it start? Has it been since birth? Is the any chance the dog has been exposed to Distemper? Did it get into any poisons?
    With less expensive testing, i.e. bloodwork the vet can usually find or at least get an idea of the cause unless its epilepsy, usually the way most vets dx that is by ruling everything else out. Then theres more complex testing like brain scans etc. That said, a sudden onset of epilepsy is more common between about 2-4 years old. Is head trauma a possibility?
    Has the vet given any meds? seizures can be controlled but it really depends on the cause, severity and how often they occur.

3. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

he told me it jus started... the vets suggested puttin him down.. or a brain scan... thanks for the reply

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

So sad....sorry to hear that.

5. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

jus a lil update.. the pup passed a couple nights ago.. thanks to all who tried to help