1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing toys.. good idea for longterm??

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Nov 30, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hey everyone,,
    I was wondering if you get your birds share eachothers toys..
    I have 2 cages.. one with my 4 budgies and my parrotlet in his own cage...
    all the birds are very healthy and have been through the quarantine period..
    I was wondering for throughout their lives if it would be a good idea for me to let them share eachothers toys>?
    Or if as they get older a desease could transfer>> I dunno it would just be easier for them to sahre
    thanks for any input,,'

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

You will find that they will probably share each others toys anyway given half the chance.
    So if you feel comftable with them doing this then let them play with the toys i can not see any harm.. my birds toys are washed regulary so there is not risk of even the slightest of infection passing over.

As i look at this is if you have a bird stand with different toys on it lets say for a parrot and you decide to let your other birds out of there cage you can be sure they will go over to investigate the toys and play.

Mike

3. drab911

drab911 New Member

how do you wash the kind of toys which have a bunch of leather and rope on them which they chew.. if you get the leather wet wont it go all soggy and white???

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I dont use leather toys mine are all rope, mirrors bells stuff like that.

THe rope toys are soaked in some disinfected diluted with hot water then they are put in a hot overn to dry out ( keep checking them ).

The mirrors and beels are washed in diluted disinfected and dried thoroughly aswell.

Mike