1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shih Tzu Bichon-- good mix?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Blessed, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Blessed

Blessed New Member

Okay, one last post. I appreciate the feedback. Have I mentioned you guys are terrific?!

I have 3 puppies to choose from.

1) Shih Poo (Shih Tzu & Poodle)
    2) Shih Poo / Shih Tzu (mother is Shih Poo, father Shih Tzu)
    3) Shih Tzu Bichon (actually, this color is my favorite!)

Do any of you know about the Shih Tzu Bichon? I'd like to see what they look like as adults. They are so adorable now. I could have this one in about 9 days (however that doesn't matter. I'm willing to wait an extra week or two if we choose the other pups). I found him from a breeder in Iowa. (He actually reminds me of "Monster Bailey's" pic--only I realize he is a Shih Poo). I just hope it would be okay for allergies--it's suppose to be.

Any thoughts? (Like, have you heard anything bad about a breeder in Iowa? PM me please, if so.)

I appreciate the feedback. I have until tonight to make a decision, since they are all holding them for me until this evening. I'll let you know what we decide. I think these are all pretty good choices. But I still welcome your feedback.

Thanks again! :)

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

There is at least shitzu-bichon mix on this forum. that would be little Molly. I'm sure her mom would be more than proud to tell you of her. Did you check out her pictures, she posted a thread saying "Monster i posted pictures on dogster" something like that. she is about 4 months old now.

3. Blessed

Blessed New Member

Good golly, Miss Molly is a cutie! Wow, alot of hair. But... good on the allergies, I hear, right?

Is there a big difference between a Shih-Poo and a Shichon (Shih Tzu- Bichon)?

Gosh... I asked for choices. Now I have to make a decision. Help! LOL

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hmm, I think it depends on which dog it takes after. The fluff of the bichon or the flatter laying hair of the shitzu, same thing goes for other mixes. I personally love mollys fluff ability. LOL

5. doggielover

doggielover New Member

My cousin has a bichon frise and my sister's friend has a shih tzu and both have excellent temperments! I think the shih tzu bichon mix is really cute, I saw a pup at the pet store! And of course little miss molly is a perfect example! I would say the shih tzu bichon mix but i know most members here own shih poos!

6. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

Yes, Miss Molly is mine, and she is a Shih Tzu/Bichon mix...sometimes referred to as a Shichon or Bich-Tzu.
    Her Mom was a Bichon, her Dad a ShihTzu.
    I did buy her from a breeder, I was on a waiting list. I can give you more info if you like, just pm me.

She has lots of hair, but doesn't really shed. When I brush her, I get very little in the brush, compared to when I brush my cats (TONS). Plus, she doesn't have a "doggy" smell. Since she is still a pup, I haven't taken her into the groomer for a cut yet, but will eventually.

I think you'd do fine with any of the dogs you narrowed it down to, they're all adorable and I haven't heard any complaints on any of them.

I'd be happy to answer any questions... :p

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

All your choices sound like good ones (to me)...if you are leaning more toward the Shih-tzu-Bichon mix, I would go with what your heart says (as long as the breeder is excellent, the pup's parents are healthy, etc.)!!! :y_the_best:

Good luck with your decision (I don't envy you in that area :wink: ), but be sure to come back and let us know what you decide...and of course, provide LOTS of pics and info for us!!! :D

8. Blessed

Blessed New Member

Thanks everyone! I continue to welcome and appreciate your feedback. The first puppy (a Shih-Poo) comes from what I've considered the best breeder. And I don't know much about the others. So, that might be the way to go. But I still haven't decided.

Tick...tock.... :oops:

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Oh Blessed... I can't wait to hear what you decided!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

10. Blessed

Blessed New Member

We decided on dog #1. I'll make a new post.

Thanks everyone. You are wonderful to give prompt feedback and helped me alot, and yet, you were so kind as to whichever puppy I would choose would be cool, too.

Thanks alot!