1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shih Tzu/Havanese mix?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Mar 27, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Hi,

Anyone ever heard of this mix? I went to visit a breeder (to check her out.. we are interested in Shih-Poos) and we saw some shih tzu/havanese puppies ~ oh my gosh were they cute!!!

Just wondered if anyone has heard anything about this mix?

:)

2. ilovemypets

ilovemypets New Member

Nope

:-# nope, I've never heard of that mix before...What do they look like?

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:-# Hmmmm, that mix is a new one to me...and I thought I had heard them all! LOL I must admit though, the one shown in the picture is VERY cute! :D

5. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

cute!

That puppy looks adorable! I love Havanese. I was going to get one last year for my 2nd dog, but I just couldn't afford the price.

6. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Havenese are very beautiful dogs .the mix is pretty but :lol: ,I still love my Maltipoos best though ! LOL !

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

There was someone on the board that breeds/shows Havanese puppies... I am just having a "brain fade" at the moment and I can't remember who it was. We were talking about how my shihpoo resembles the Havanese. oh..... Havanese are EXPENSIVE doggies :) I will try and find the thread for you poogirl!

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

MonsterBailey ~ thank you! That would be great if you could find that thread. I have to agree.. having seen adult Havanese, Bailey DOES resemble them :)

The breeder we met w/today said the same thing.. Havanese are very expensive!

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

10. Alabamamom1

Alabamamom1 New Member

:p Wow...cute dog. I was actually looking for a Havanese when I found Romeo (maltipoo) and fell in love. Plus, my Romeo's pricetag was a little more less. "just a little", not really it was a lot better. But I absolutely love Havanese. Are you going to get one of the havanese/shih tzu's?

11. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thanks MonsterBailey ~ I'll go check out that thread! :)

Alabamamom1 ~ I wish I knew! I have been researching dogs for almost 2 years.. I originally wanted a Schnoodle, then I came upon the Shih-Poo and that was my final choice ~ love them!

So, now we see the Shih Tzu/Havanese mix and my hubby was won over (who wouldn't be.. an adorable puppy looking up at you?! LOL). Anyway, last night I started doing research on the Havanese and they seem like a wonderful dog ~ so, I'm torn. Do I go w/this mix that seems to be wonderful, but also rare as I can't find ANY info on them... or, do I go with the shih-poo.... (I slept horrible last night by the way! This is taking up my mind!)

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Christine.... go with your heart and your gut!! it's clear that both of them are great mixes...... You'll be happy either way :) (of course, if you don't get a shihpoo I won't talk with you again..... but that's either here nor there). [-(

13. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Oh my, tough room! :?

I'm trying to go with my heart & gut... The colors of the pups yesterday wouldn't have been our first choice... this is just so hard! I've wanted a shih-poo for so long & feel like I'd be 'missing out' if I don't follow-through.. does that make sense?!

Oh, and my user name is POOgirl... um, how can I still be poogirl if I don't get a shih-poo :roll: Hmmmmm...... LOL!

14. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

OK ~ decision has been made............

We are staying with Shih-Poos!!!! :eek:

Boy, that was traumatic..

15. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:eek: That's great to hear, and welcome to the shih-poo gang! :eek:

16. ilovemaltipoos

I am GREEN WITH ENVY HERE :mrgreen: Just kiddin ' .Congrats on your decision ! Shihpoos are verey beautiful babies !
    Just remember a Maltipoo rocks !

17. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe poogirl....... I sure hope I didn't "pressure" you or anything! Ha ha ha..... I was going to come back on the site and mention that you could always get one of each, right!? Weren't you and hubby going to get two??

oh, and by the way: What colors are you interested in?

18. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Hmmmm... one of each? I'll have to ask hubby what he thinks! Yes, we are getting 2! :D

Yeah, you are too funny... you put the pressure on big time! hee hee

Colors ~ well, I like black, brown, tan, apricot... that's all I can think of. I like when there's some white in there too!

19. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

LOL! Maltipoos sure are cuties, no arguing that!! :)

20. ilovemaltipoos

They sure do rock and thank you ! But then so do shihpoos and to me any poo cross .I think GOd gave us the canine just so we could be truly loved .No one person could love another like they do .SO special ...A person without a "Best Friend ' is not complete ....