1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Should I have my Puppy's hernia Repaired?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Kimbr, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Kimbr

Kimbr New Member

Hello,
    I have a 6 month old puppy that has an Umbilical Hernia. Should I have that repaired? He is getting Neutered Tuesday Dec. 30. I"m so scared for him. I just wanted to know if it was nesscessary to fix that. I hate to see him have surgery if he didn't need it? Please let me know your views.
    Thanks,
    Kim

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I would have it repaired Kimber if it were me. I don't know much about those but I would imagine that it may be painful and could lead to more problems down the line. But that's me and I'm sure others will chime in on this one. You should call your vet and see what they think and since he is getting neutered next week they could do that at the same time. If it can wait that is.

3. Kimbr

Kimbr New Member

Thank you for your reply.

Hi,
    Thanks for your input. I think I will call the vet tomorrow and have that added on to the Neuter. I just hate to see him having surgery. Oh well, better get done now; than later.
    Have a great night,
    Kimbr

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

5. Kimbr

Kimbr New Member

Thank you for the information

Hi HDrydr,
    Thank you for the web site. I just finished reading it and I will have to ask my Vet. about it. Duncan has a small one. Maybe he won't have to go though hernia surgery.
    Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
    Kimbr

6. Kimbr

Kimbr New Member

Hernia closed on it's own.. Yeah

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to let you know that Duncan's hernia closed on its own. So, he didn't have to have Hernia Surgery after all. I was so relieved! He did get neutered yesterday and micro-chiped. Poor little guy is a little sore today. My husband slept on the floor with him last night. He felt so bad for our little baby. So, Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all the input!
    Kimbr

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Glad to hear that Kimber! Poor guy they heal soo quickly though, good for you neutering him and getting him microchipped.
    Here's to Duncan's healing!!

would love to see pictures.

Happy New Years to you as well. Hope to see more posts from you in the new year