1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Siamese fighter thinks its royalty.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, May 3, 2004.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

I have had two Male Betta's. My first one died, and my current one is fine. But, he will only eat live food or liquid brine shrimp/daphnia etc.

Does anyones fighter eat flake of waffers?

I think Laurense (fighters name) thinks he is betta (hehe) then all the rest. God, that was a lame joke!

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I feed my 10 bettas flakes, betta pellets and sometimes freeze dried bloodworms as a treat.

One of them absolutely refuses to eat pellets (he'll play with them on the top of the water but just lets them sink to the bottom) and will only eat flakes while 2 others will only eat pellets and nothing else. The rest aren't that picky!

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Well these guys can go for a while without eating, just keep giving him flakes or pellets. Soon he will get hungry enough to eat it. If after a week and he still won't eat it then, you got urself a royal fish.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Most bettas don't like flakes but with my first two I lucked out because they both loved it. My 3rd one, however, flat out refused to eat flakes. I finally found some frozen blood worms which he loved but it's a real hassle to prepare so I bought some HBH Betta Bites which, luckily, he likes just as much as the blood worms.

-Chelle

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

well, that kinds sux for you! i would hate to have a royal fish. if i did they would endup starving :cry: because i dont have the expencive stuff i just have the flakes and they seem 2 enjoy it

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

When I got my betta Spike and he refused to eat pellets I had to run out and buy him flakes. I don't think I could ever let one of my fish starve. They're all spoiled rotten anyway.

7. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i mean i wouldnt be able to get out an get them the other food and constantly buying expencive food. i dont believe in starving animals. i am currantly forming a program to save the oceans fishes. why would i starve my own?