1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sick Dog

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Angie, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Angie

Angie New Member

There is this dog, mixed chow and wolf, that had to be brought to the vet today.
    This is what I was told...

The dog is an escape artist.. he always gets out and a few weeks ago he was in the pound because he got out. Well, the owner picked him up and he hasnt been acting the same since. The owner just thought maybe it was because he was in the pound.
    Today the dog could barely walk and he couldnt open his eyes. There was kind of like a mucus (sp?) on them.
    The vet doesnt know exactly what it is yet but the dog was never vaccinated (sp?). Dont ask me why, I have no idea.
    The vet thinks it is a virus. The person that told me this story doesn't remember the name of it. (starts with a D he said) But he said that there is no cure for it just antibiotics, IF its even that virus that is the problem.

Anybody ever heard of anything like this before?

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

no, I haven'T heard anything like that. But I know cats get something that sounds a little like that. I hope the dog gets better.

3. Angie

Angie New Member

I hope the dog gets better too! I don't personally know the people, just the story.
    I will ask later today to see how the dog is doing.
    Thanks for your reply!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Could be distemper, maybe?

5. Angie

Angie New Member

Jamiya, you were right.
    They said the dog doesn't look too good.
    :(
    And... they said that if it doesn't get any better
    today, then they are going to put him to sleep :(

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Distemper is horrible. WE have an out break of it right now with Daisy Mae. The vet can give medicines for it. But it takes a while for them to recover from it.

Lots of fluids, foods high in protien and energy, and the meds with LOTS of rest will help.