1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sick? Need help now!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I recently ( week or so ago) bought neons, within 24 hours I identifyed them with neon tetra disease. I quarintined them, and they died in quarintine.

Eveything was fine untill now im starting to worry the disease might have been passed onto my other fish. My Female Black sword has turned half pure white, my molly looks like his back end is whitening, and my gourami is restless. he jumps like crazy, a few times out of water.

I need help to know if they sick or not, i know the disease causes discoloration (turning white) and restlessness. But would the disease only show now?

I need help, and ill keep updated on how they doing.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Can you post a picture? What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

3. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

sounds like ammonia burn, check you levels and do a 25% water change.

what are you using for filtration?

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

do 25% water changes every other day

5. Trickster

Trickster New Member

The female sword tail got its color back, and everything is back to normal, i dont know what happened, but all i got is my ph reading which is always at 7.6, i use Aqua Clear for filter with Bio-Max.

Everyone is healthy and happy again.
    But i will look into the ammonia and do a water change just in case

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

After days of observation ive come to the conclusion that my swords go white when they are stressed out, and turn a real shiny emrald when relaxed, also the gourami goes white when realy stressed.