1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sick or more bullys?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

ok well, my fish...

1.My betta is getting its fins nipped. (obvious a victim of bullying)
    2. Cory is missing one of its gills and its whiskers.

ok so cory cats usualy have long whiskers on its face for finding food in gravel. Now mine is missing its whiskers, and on 1 of its side, its missing a whole gill! All i see is a big hole where a gill would normaly cover!
    I cant get a look at his second side so i cant tell if both missing.

The other cory is fine, but they both are sitting around doing nothing.

All my fish were fine, everyone got along, untill i got my tank crystal clear...

Anyway is this bullying? or some kind of disease im over looking?
    The only things that would attack the corys would be the male convict or the albino tetra.

The albino tetra was always following the corys (As if it were schooling with them since they both white and the tetra is alone). and i see it chasing a cory occasionaly.

Sooo yea i need a lil help, im giving the male convict away tommorow, cuz i cant keep it anyway since they might start breeding soon then really start a massacar. And i can move the tetra into the 10g. I dont have any tests as always, but i will try to maybe buy nitrite or ammonia test tommorow along with a python no spill.

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

err nvm, turns out it definatly was the tetra.

U can close this thread

3. red devil

red devil New Member

Wait how did a tetra rip off a corys gill and how is the cory living

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Very good question. Its like asking how the war-amps people live. She just does it. Somehow it eats without the whiskers, im amazed its got 1 whisker/barbel left on it, so i guess it makes due with 1), i named it Gimpy. A survivor, and insperation to all fish. :y_the_best:

(I can post a pic, its not like the whole gill is torn off, just looks like the outter tissue)