1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

sick

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 9, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i just got 2 new angel fish about 2 hours ago and i knoticed they gave me a sick one. do i go to the petstore while it is still alive n say somthin or wait till it dies :cry: i really like them and one is terraly sick :cry:

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I would take him back right away. He might make your other fish sick too.

3. OneWolvesDream

also its normal blackish brown colors are faiding

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

It could just be stressed because of it's new environment. I usually notice that the color on my new fish are often lighter when I bring them home.

5. OneWolvesDream

but the one of the two has all its colors and seems to be VERY happy, and acting normal but the other one is faided and im worried about it

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I would also worry about agression with your angels.

Here's a quote from t-Chelle about angels from another post

20 gallons for 1 angel, 30 gallons for 2 etc.
    It could be getting picked on by the other one. The can get territorial if there's not enough space.

7. OneWolvesDream

i dont understand that post

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Read it again I added some more stuff to it

9. OneWolvesDream

ooo so its best that they are allone? well one is just looming around and one is looking like it is dying

10. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Not really "alone" They just need enough space to each have their own territory.

11. OneWolvesDream

they have the starting of ick so i added the cure for it known as "quick cure" i have put it in the fishtank allong with freshwater salt. is there anything else i can do?? its colors are still faiding

12. OneWolvesDream

thanks for that help but i still need more help

13. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

If one was sick when you brought it home, I would just return it. Otherwise whatever is wrong with that one can be easily spread to the other fish in the tank.

-Chelle

14. OneWolvesDream

sadly one of them is dying. i had to trasnfer it because of my bottom feeders. it has no controll over its body

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

15. OneWolvesDream

i took the one that was the sickest to the petshop and they let me traid for other fish of another angel fish and they were all acting te same so i got 2 mickey mouse platys

16. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Sick Angel

I think it was a good idea to stick with the one angel. I bought two a while ago and the black male became very territorial! After a couple of weeks a brought him back to the store and kept the female marble angel. She started to perk up she was now the size of the larger angels for sale @ lfs. She looked lonely so I bought two teeny - tiny angels a gold dust and an albino (who by the way is gorgeous!) They quickly became larger than the original marble angel. There are three so that cuts down on the agressivness solely towards one fish but the marble one still gets picked on a little it often looses it's stripes when it is scared. I am too attatched to return any of them, but if they get much larger I will separate them.

:)