1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sign the petition against BSL in Ontario

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by spencerpits, Oct 25, 2004.

1. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

2. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

OK, I signed!

3. someday

someday New Member

I signed

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Signed and crossposted. :y_the_best:

5. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Wow! 100 signatures since my husband and I signed it. I've signed similar online petitions before, but this has got to be the "most popular" (for lack of a better term). Thanks to those who have signed and who have cross-posted. I encourage others to add their signature and cross-post, email, IM, word of mouth, etc to let people know about this.

6. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Some food for thought!

Hypothetically Speaking ...
    Copyright ©2004 Krista Mifflin

Imagine a conversation between an American businessman, and an Ontario border guard. Just change the name, and see what happens.

"Good afternoon sir, welcome to Ontario. Please state your name and duration of your stay."

"Robert Smith, I'll be here for a week on business."

"I'm sorry sir, you won't be allowed over the border."

"Excuse me?"

"That's correct Mr. Smith. There's currently a ban on all Roberts in Ontario."

"What?!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Smith. The government has decided that all men named Robert are hazardous, and in fact, nothing more than criminals who just haven't been caught yet, and so have issued a legislation prohibitting all Roberts from entering the province, and all existing Roberts have been placed under house arrest."

"That's ridiculous! Who thought up such a stupid law?"

"Our government officials, after they saw that thirty percent of all violent criminals in our prisons have 'Robert' in their name somewhere."

A moment of stunned silence ... "What about children?"

"Well sir, as soon as they turn six years old, they are pulled from the school system, and placed under house arrest. There will be no new children born with the name Robert, unless parents are willing to pay a fine of ten thousand dollars."

"Even if it's a middle or last name?"

"Mr. Smith, all families with the last name Robert or any variation thereof, have been removed to Manitoba. A middle or last name of Robert, sir, is still a Robert."

Breed banning affects us all.

The term "pit bull" is an umbrella that encompasses at least five different dog breeds: American bulldog, Staffordshire Terrier, American Staffordshire, Bull Terrier, and American Pit Bull Terriers (although, this is not even a "breed" according to the CKC).

Imagine you are looking at banning Retrievers, ALL Retrievers: Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling, Flat-Coated, Curly-Coated, etc. Do you see how quickly bite statistics can be twisted? If we look at it like that, is it any wonder that suddenly Retriever bite incidents far outnumber the incidents of any other single breed?

7. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

there is only 7978 so far :(

it worries me and makes me mad to see these people all over our news wanting to ban pitbulls. 2 months ago out here the politions were saying how that couldnt happen here in bc. now that ottowa is gunning for them, we seem to have hopped on the bandwagon and thats all thats on the news.. one story i found so many arguments i had with it. it made me sick.

A lady in her 40s was walking her carin terrier down the street. when she noticed a pitbull (1. bad owners) running loose. she picked up her carin and try'd to run away. her dog squirmed and managed to get free of her grash and fall right into the pitbulls jaws.so.....(2. i was told never pull on the leash if your dog is being attacked) she starts pulling on here leash. so much that she almost lost feeling in her hand(basilcy adding to the trauma). A neighbours dog a rotwiler heards the comotion and ran out to see and joind in with the pit, tug of waring with the por carin. (3. the rotwilers owner was also neglectful for allowing his dog to get out at will) the next day when interviewed she made little comment about the rotwiler, and put all her focus on the evil rabid pitbull running the streets wild. going on to talk of how they are the ak-47 of the dog world just waiting to go off and kill.... come to think of it. i have not heared of a pitbull related death in canada yet. people trying to ban pitbulls, with the way they conduct their debates/arguments talk more and more like politicians, pushing false truths on those weak enough to believe it.

I love rotwilers but it makes me mad that they didnt even say anyhting of them being aggressive. 4 years ago here in canada everyone was against them, and they did actually kill some people. now no one cares. as long as they can ban pitbulls. in 60 years what will we be left with? I like all dogs but little lap dogs are not my cup of tea. is that all we will be allowed? toy breeds? what about cattle dogs that nip at heels? might they go 2 far?

its so sad when everything has to be regulated because of the lack so many people have for common sense. owners/and ban lobbyists need to educate them selves.

kinda ranted im just a lil mad, sry.

I just can't see how they can ask people to give up their life long family member because they chose to ban them after being with the family so many years. just because some people dont know how to train/care for their dogs. Why not ban guns? oh soem cops use guns... I saw a drug dog on tv that was a pitbull... i guess some cops use pitbulls as well. so many double standards :( i want to live in the forest like a hermit when i grow up

8. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

8107 and growing (was 8098 when I started to write this)

Here is an article I found online. It is from a local online paper. The story was from 2001:

Lets just say, I never liked Judge Williams before I read this. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone in Chattanooga liked him. But to say, "it used to be rotweillers...load up all the pitbulls and drop them on Afghanistan." He is just plain stupid. Of course, this is the same man who had numerous charges against him alleging improper sentances. If he didn't treat people fairly, who could expect him to be fair when it comes to dogs?