1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Labradors?!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lanena322, May 15, 2004.

1. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I just remembered an ad I saw in our paper yesterday, which is why I feel the need to post at 2:38am. :) It was about some person selling 'silver' labradors, the only silvers in all of Puerto Rico. Well I just did some research and found that Silvers are very much real! These labs are absolutely gorgeous. The only thing is that silver is a 'rare' lab color, so its kind of like long haired rotties. I see a big inbreeding epidemic for silver labs. Here are some pics of some gorgeous labs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they look like weimariners (mispelled) coat and eye color. but theyve def. got the lab face

P.S heres a link to silver labs http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/silverlabs.html

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

The link would not open. I would love to see a silver lab. I think weims are beautiful.

3. winnie

winnie New Member

i have heard something about silver labs before....i thought someone said there was some wimeriener (sp)in them that gives them the silver color but i dont remeber it was so long ago.

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

That would be pretty interesting to see. The links didnt work for me either.

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I saw your link. They were really beautiful dogs. They did resemble the Weimaraner in a ways. Maybe someone is cross-breeding. Never heard of a Silver Lab until now.

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Ok I clicked on the right link this time. Gosh I swear I am goind blind! They are pretty neat looking!

7. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Here is another link to a silver labs breeder: http://hosting.northernweb.net/silverlab/

I really loved this page, it started off very professional sounding (only off thing was the idiculously high prices)

But in the end it sounded so immature and ignorant. They started to offend other labrador breeders and started to get all sarcastic and defensive.

Silver labs are definately a strange thing :?

8. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

9. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Sorry for the repeated postting but I just keep finding horrible stuff on Silver Labs. This is from Culo Kennels, where they charge 10.00$$ to send a copy of their dogs pedigrees.

This is DISGUSTING. on their page it says they have the best lines of silver labs. If this is true then I dont even want to see what the worst lines of silvers are, they are HORRIBLY inbred. See for yourself:

http://www.geocities.com/silverlabs1/pedigrees.html

This makes me sick, I dont see how anyone could do this. But then again they are money hungry, charging 1,250 ish for pups.

10. ILoveGreatDanes

ILoveGreatDanes New Member

To me they kinda just look like dirty chocolate labs. I dont find the color pretty at all. It appears as if they need to inbreed them quite a bit more to get them to the weimie color =P

11. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

This appears to be another of the "Designer Dog" breeds that are becoming so popular for some reason. To me Labs and Weimaramer's are very close in confirmation but since Labs cannot be bred for a specific color ie black, yellow, or chocolate, it must require excessive inbreeding and those poor pups must be a genetic mess. If you want a beautiful silver dog get a Weimaramer.

12. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I would think that they would have to be imbred to continue to achieve this color. Which is ALL the wrong reasons to breed a dog!! ARGH!

People are so dumb, I bet half of these people don't even know the first thing about taking care of dogs, they just see silver, and hear lab and think "Oh, cool, labs are good dogs, and I like silver."

13. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Those dogs are inbred up to three generations! Thats sick. I'm sorry, but it looks like somone found a dog that threw that color and stuck to ti. OBviously wrong. If you want that color, get a dog that it comes naturally with it! I can only imagine the health issues, and temperments and illnesses of the dogs.....sad.