1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Since he arrived, we all hate each other now.

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by KittyTales, Mar 12, 2005.

1. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

When we adopted a new puppy last month I though no1 would mind.But as the the new arrival came into our household the cats were hysterical!They attacked him and tried to eat his food! Now the cats even stopped liking each other because of the puppy! What should I do to stop this nonsence? :0011:

2. nern

nern New Member

All you can really do is be patient. Its only been a month and if your cats are not used to seeing dogs or being around them it will take some time for them to adjust. Sounds like there might be some redirected aggression going on between the cats. How did you go about introducing them to the puppy? Maybe you can reintroduce them but at a very gradual rate?

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

you should make a slow introduction. Check out Tally's Basic Cat Care site...there is tons of advice there for integrating pets. Good luck

4. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Try Comfort Zone. It resembles one of those plug in air fresheners, but releases a synthetic pheremone that mimics the one mother cats produce when they're nursing their kittens. It has no odor that you can smell at all, but the cats can. You should be able to purchase it at any major pet store.

5. luna

luna New Member

thats weird... buster ajusted to abby(the pup) about a week after we got her. but then he got used to shadow quick too and we brought shadow and abby home about a week apart. ( now if only shadow could ajust, its only been 4 1/2 yrs.)

6. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

Its been like 3 months and I thought they would get along by ten.But nothing works. :?

7. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

my dog and cat took months to get along, but now the cat lets the dog do whatever to her, and they both know that no playing is allowed unless the kitty starts it. the only behavioral change in the cat (since she is an "only kitty") was that she became more affectionate (she used to be very aloof, almost despising all human contact, lol).