1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

small dog leash problems

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by daddyfs, Apr 11, 2005.

1. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

In my apartment complex we have a leash rule. like most places.. the problem is this lady who owns a chiuwawa (sp) feels like she can jus walk without one.. so everytime the lil dog sees me and Jax she runs up growling and barking.. i keep a tight hold on the leash.. Th problem is that she (the owner) doesnt even acknowledge us.. no sorry or anythin.. it rally gets on my nerves that i have to heel Jax and keep him in check when she jus runs around nonchalantly

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i feel your pain. as long as people have the attitude where they think small = harmless, this will always happen :cry:

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

I know how frustrating that can be, the worst of it is if the chihauha gets hurt, its Jax and you that will probably get the blame. :) I had a similar situation with my dog and a neighbours Westie, my dog on her leash, I'd asked the owner a couple of times to keep her dog on the leash, I even told her my dog was aggresseive with other dogs and would attack her dog if her dog got too close, she still didnt put hers on a leash. One day I had to use my foot to stop her dog getting to mine, the next thing I knew she was telling the other neighbours that I had kicked her dog which I hadnt...made for a very unpleasant situation for a while. Maybe you could have a 'quiet' word with your landlady/landlord so they can 'arrange' to see the other dog off leash and speak to the owner, it'll keep you out of it and hopefully she will start to put a leash on her dog.

4. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

i bet they rather have you "kick" their dog than yours gettin a hold of em.. people jus dont think.. i told our landlord before and i guess it didnt work..

5. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Sorry to hear that, I dont see that theres anything else you can do, your doign everything possible. I guess she just wont learn until her dog goes for a dog that 'answers' back and comes off worst.

Oh....that 'smiley' on there was supposed to be the 'Im mad' one...not a happy one...sorry.

6. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Call your local AC and explain the situation to them, and ask that they come and talk to the woman. Worked for me. :wink:

7. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

SpencerPits has a GREAT POINT. I have the same problem at a local park I take my dogs to. There are ALWAYS dogs not on leashes. It is not fair. If a problem were to arise, you know they would blame our breed no matter what.
    I have gotten so upset, that I now take my video camera with me and each and every time I see a lose dog, I tape it!
    At least that way, I have proof!
    I honestly would report it to your local AC!
    Also, this way, it will be on record each and every time you report it!
    Sue