1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Small Plecos

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Does anyone know if their are plecos that would be able to live out its life in a 10g? I think bristlenoses are small but I'm not sure.

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

Yeah bristlenoses only get to four or five inches but I think they're still poop machines :lol:

The only other I can think of is the rubber pleco (I think that's it's name) or it might be the bulldog pleco..... :roll:

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

A common.. :lol: why dont ya get a few otos?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I really don't think there's any pleco small enough to live in a 10 gallon. Yes, bristlenoses stay small, but they produce an awful lot of waste for their size. I agree with MWM about otos. They're great little catfish, do a good job of keeping the tank algae free, and only get 2". But if you get more than 1, you might have to suppliment their diet (ie give them alage waffers & veggies rather than just letting them survive on the algae they find).

-Chelle

5. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I coudltn find my oto for like 2 or 3 weeks i thought he died but I see him now! he disappeared for a long time. I feed my pleco and my Oto Cucumber(im not sure if oto is eating the cucbumer) but hes still around :wink:

6. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

i have a book about aqurium fishes and there is a type of pleco hat gets to be 2" midget suckerfish (i think thats wht=at they are called) get to be 1". thwe book also says that my pleco, not the ordinary pleco gets to be 20"!

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Midget suckermouth catfish?

That's an oto.

-Chelle

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

The clown pleco :eek: I knew I was forgetting one! It maxes at 3-4 inches and is quite cute (not as cute as an oto though :) )

9. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

:|
    oto, midget, same thing.