1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

smaller fish tank fish?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Jan 24, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

im making a 400 gallon fish tank in the near future and in there im putting in some cichlids but i also have a 50 gallon and 3 20's 1 30 and 1 15 any one have ideas for the 50-15 tanks?

thanks
    -Justin

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Well, the possibilities are almost endless.

Have anything specific in mind? Cichlids? Peaceful community? Oddball? Freshwater? Saltwater? Brackish?

EDIT: Oh, and for starters, I'd set one of the 20's back as a hospital/qurantine tank.

-Chelle

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

i dont understand what u mean a hospital or what ever you said[/quote]

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Hospital tank: if you have a sick fish, it's a lot easier and cheaper to move them to a smaller tank for treatment (meds for 400 gallons will cost a fortune).

Quarantine tank: if you buy a fish that you plan on adding to a tank that already has fish, you want to make sure it doesn't have any diseases that it can pass to your other fish. So it's best to keep it in a separate tank for a few weeks to make sure it's healthy before adding it to your main tank.

-Chelle

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

here a link with a how bunch of pics

6. tski22

tski22 New Member

Like Chelle already mentioned the possibilities are endless. What I think would be neat would be to use the 15 gallon and create a brackish tank with a puffer fish or 2 in it. That would be not to expensive and a really unordinary tank. -tl

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think you forgot to post the link :lol:

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member