1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Snail eggs

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by pinque_amyg, Apr 9, 2004.

1. pinque_amyg

pinque_amyg New Member

I noticed some eggs in the top of my aquarium and have confirmed that they are snail eggs. But they are above the water and I was wondering if they will hatch where they are or do they need to be in the water?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

IIRC, apple snails lay eggs above the water line. They should hatch but be warned that your tank could easily become overrun with snails.

-Chelle

3. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i was just wondering what color r the eggs???

4. pinque_amyg

pinque_amyg New Member

They are yellow and I don't have the apple snails. It's the other typical kind - Pomacea bridgesii.
    I found a picture that looks just like the eggs in my tank at http://www.applesnail.net/content/photo ... eggs_2.htm It's the 4th picture. I was just worried about them not being in water.

5. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i was just wondering b/c i have 2 differnt kinds of eggs in my pond right nwo and i knew what 1 of the types of eggs were but not the other thanks though that web sites very helpful.....

6. pinque_amyg

pinque_amyg New Member

It's been a week and a half and those darn snails have already put out more eggs. I have 2 snails and they'll have the tank full of eggs if I let them. Hope snail eggs aren't difficult to clean out.

7. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yea they will take over ur tank if u let them....lol in 1 of our ponds its filled w/ eggs pink eggs and clear eggs nothing has hatched yet and some eggs have been ate by the fish but we keep cleaning out most of the eggs and they just add more to where we took them off at....have any of urs hatched yet???

8. pinque_amyg

pinque_amyg New Member

Nope. Still waiting. The first ones are black inside and they should be hatching soon. The most annoying thing is they were placed inside the light so if I turn the light on the eggs stink to high heaven.