1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

snails...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by momma, Apr 28, 2004.

1. momma

momma New Member

i have noticed that my plants in my freash water tank have small holes in them is this what the snails eat?....is plants?

I also have the black hair algee agian does this stuff ever go way?

I have tried scrapping it off; boilling my tank accesseries; cleaning out my hole tank and starting over again ( which i would not recommend i lost 6 fish when i did this.)
    I totally grows on everything Please help!! thanks

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

first off, what fish do you have, what is the size of the tank. if you have snails than you would have an infestation aka they would be everywhere. than the best thing to get rid of the black hair would be to get a bottom feeder, they usually get rid of it..

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

There are some algae removal products where you just add a few drops per gallon. But i got my algae eating fish so i haven't used those. As for the snail, if you can get some loaches they will terminate the snail problem in no time. Just make sure the species you buy suits your tank, their size range from 10 cm to 30 cm (full grown size), depending on species.

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Be careful if your tank is positioned near a window wtih light. This can greatly add to the amount of algea being produced. Algea eaters are good to rid your tank of algea. Your right, snails love to eat plants! As long as you have both, your plants will not do well.

5. Tank

Tank New Member

Hi, whats your water quality like, poor filtration can lead to alge problems.

6. fishdude

fishdude New Member

for the algae i used 1cm mystery snails. when they get biger they dont touch it.