1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Snakehead fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

In Maryland and Virginia i know its illegal to own a snakehead..but I still want one :lol: Where would you go about getting one?

they are really cool lookin fish and I know i'd have to feed it other fish and frogs and stuff..i did some research on it. A 55 gallon would be big enough right? (((I'd get a second 55 gallon for it alone))

I wonder what would win..snakehead vs pirahna..

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

LOL thats funny, I was just riding on the C&O canal a few days ago were they caught one of the first snakeheads, they had a picture and a "kill immediately" sighn but thoes things are seriously ugly, wouldnt want it cralwin out of the tank and eating me one night.

3. Heather&Nicole

You live in maryland too? cool deal. They may be ugly but they are cool lookin. I'd have a serious lockdown on the lid. lol

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well considering msot piranhas dont live-up to their name (the 3 i ahd were the most nervous and skittish fish i ever owned) i would say snakehead definatly would win. i dont know if you should own a fish like that especially since it is illegal in your area b/c of some form of law enforcment finds out they will take it away and give u a nice fine along with it.

5. Heather&Nicole

I wouldnt release it though..I'd probably fry it up and cook it for dinner, i hear its good eating. LOL

6. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

a snakehead would murder a piranha. i wouldnt get a snakehead in maryland. if someone finds out u have one they could call the police and then it could be taken away... lucky thing i live in NJ!

7. Heather&Nicole

That * man :( But noone would be at my house except my friends and im sure they wouldnt rat me out :lol: Wanna hook it up for me on the DL and tell me where your ordering yours from?

This is a family forum. Watch the language please.

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

anyone have a pic of them

9. Heather&Nicole

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

11. tina1

tina1 New Member

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you stand to have that thing lookin at you all day?

12. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i think that would win

13. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

since when were snakeheads illlegal in NJ? like 2 months ago. oh well for that idea.