1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Some (idiotic) lady jumped clear out of her shoes....

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by juice1348, Sep 29, 2004.

1. juice1348

juice1348 New Member

So yesterday I am walking little Avary through my apt complex. And some lady gets out of the car and says "what kind of dog is that sir?" I replied "american staffordshire" so she proceeds to tell me how beautiful and nice my dog is and then says "well...at first i thought it was one of those pit bulls.." I said oh well, it is.

She literally jumped back, startling Avary, so avary jumped too. She says "See you never know if they are going to attack...and anyways, I dont think you can have THOSE dogs at this apt complex."

I looked at her and just said..what happened to her being a beautiful, nice american staffordshire, huh? She is the same dog you were petting 2 minutes ago.

Well anyway, she walked into her apt and I see her and her husband looking out the window at us for the rest of our walk.

so annoying!

2. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

LOL! That is funny. People's ignorance amazes me sometimes.

3. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

while we are sharing stories..

All i have to say is ,,,,, WHAT THE HELL!??!?!?!??!?!?!

I hve a couple of community members who fall under the group of people who are terrified of APBT's because of the lack of educating themselves.... and are the type that goto town meetings to try and ban the breed...yet they own stupid DAMN dogs that Bark and try to attack ANYTHING THAT MOVES!!!! WTH!?!?!?!?!? how the hell does that make sense!??!?!

I'm only tolerating this for so much longer, before i stop holding back my dogs from tearing their POS excuses for 'dogs' to bits. this is ridiclous!!! of course when we walk our dogs at the same time their dogs try to challange mine. This is sad that we live in a world that has a problem with pitbulls yet any other breed that is agressive is viewed as OK and just needs some freaking Dog therapy. Maybe its the beer talking but G.D'it ... im sick of it!!!!!!!!!!

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Not trying to tell you what to do really, but for the sake of the breed, please always hold your dogs back from tearing into those yapping mutts. I'd love to do the same in my neighborhood, especially since they seem to think it's okay to let their little dogs run loose in the neighborhood, but we as APBT owners are under constant scrutiny. I do sympathize with you on those ignorant owners and their stupid mutts.

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Lol I know people are so stupid with their damn dogs. Read what some fools are writing on this board.

http://boards.countryweekly.com/cgi-bin ... 17;t=25430

Kind of like the dude with the Rotts I met (in the attack training thread), its all good when his dogs are trained to attack on command and they are great dogs and its all in how you raise and train them, but when its a Pit Bull totally different story.

6. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

These post make me afraid.

7. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

oh i regress...it was just the beer..i would never let my real dogs , tear into those subsitute for real dogs. :p just me blowing off hot air.

8. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

My opinion: APBTs are people friendly, family oriented/safe dogs that shouldn't be trained in any kind of protection work, be it personal or property protection. If your APBT loves you and sees you as a part of the pack (hopefully leader of the pack), it will instinctively protect you. However, it is not in their nature to protect your property. They are too people friendly and have no loyalties to property. A seemingly too common problem for this breed is shady characters using APBTs to protect their property - usually their drug stashes, hide-outs, etc. This, along with general irresponsible ownership have ruined the APBTs good name. Of course, the media glamourizing every negative incident involving an APBT or anything that looks like one hasn't helped. In a way - I can't blame the ignorant people out there. I used to be one - I'm just more open-minded than a lot of people. It's hard for a lot of people to let go of their pre-conceptions about this breed, so that makes our job of being breed-ambasadors that much harder. But, that's what we have to be - breed ambasadors. We should have people-friendly, obedience-trained dogs with excellent temperaments. We should be as knowlegable about our breed as possible, so that we may be better equipped to educate the public about how great our breed really is. And try to keep a positive attitiude through it all. Owning APBTs can be very rewarding - it usually is - but it is also trying at times. Anyway - sorry for the long post - this is just my view on APBT ownership in general, I guess.

9. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I didn't think you would - just had to put out my plea in case you really got tired of it all. Like I said, I feel the same way at times. What really scares me is that I will not be able to stop a fight with one of these off-leash yappy dogs while I'm out walking one of my dogs on a leash. If that confrontation were to ever happen, I'm almost sure I'd lose in the end. Well, my dogs would. I'd either have to have the dog that was fighting put to sleep, and get rid of the rest, or at the very least get rid of all of them. It really pisses me off that I should even have to worry about that with my contained or on-leash dogs, versus their off-leash dogs, but it is something on my mind every day. And I've had a couple of shots myself, so I know how the alcohol can make you say stuff you might not otherwise say. :D

10. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

some stupid little yapper savaged kuma the other day at the park. she went near it and it went beserk and tried to bite her face. its bites were probably like flies landing on her snout but she was still confused and dumbfounded after the damn thing finally stopped.

11. Angie

Angie New Member

spencerpits, since you are registered with that forum, you should ask jrbuddha if it would be ok to post pics of the baby with the dog. I was going to do it myself (ask and post) but I saw you were already registered. Just a suggestion.
    I read most of the post but I was just getting mad. :x

I wish they could meet all of our dogs and see how sweet and intelligent they are.

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Good Grief I couldn't even finish reading the rest of the posts on that STUPID forum thread you posted True_Pits. I was so pissed off after reading the first couple of posts. Honestly that has got to be the biggest group of rednecks I have ever come across! And I live in the heart of Southern Illinois where the "Good Ol Boys" club remains intact and the KKK is still active.
    OH my GOD! I have never seen so much ignorance all in one place!

13. juice1348

juice1348 New Member

Seriously, wtf, this is really frustrating me. I read that forum and I was twitching at my desk. ughhh! I was talking to my parents yesterday (who by the way are pitbull lovers now, when 6 mos ago they hated them) and we were discussing taking Avary to the dog park. Now, Avary goes to the dog park ALL THE TIME and she has ZERO dog aggression. My parents mini dacshound picks on her and is very mean and Avary runs and hides, lol. Anyways, we said that if another dog (golden, beagle, shepard etc.) attacked Avary at the park and Avary in turn hurt that dog in defense, it would be considered another "viscious pitbull attack!"

Am I right??? That's exactly what would happen......

14. Angie

Angie New Member

Of course thats what would happen.
    :x