1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

some more advice please!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by momoftwocuteparakeets, Oct 18, 2005.

1. I have two parakeets. I now know that they both are males. They get along just fine. The only thing is that the one that we have had the longer his name is Snowflake. And he likes to push the other one around. But it dosen't hurt Smurf.Smurf actually pushes back.Is this usual or is he just playing around. Like i said before they get along fine i'm just wondering if this behavoir is usual with two males. And if i should keep them in the same cage or move them.

Another question. Since we got smurf.,Snowflake hasn't been coming out of the cage as much as he use to. Can anybody give me any advice at all. :cry:

2. zarate

zarate New Member

Birds kept together will develope a pecking order and it's normal for them to sort out their differences. As long as neither of them are getting hurt and there isn't any bloodshed they should be just fine. But how big is the cage you are keeping them in? If it's too small that might be part of it as they need their personal space, just like us. I hope this helped!
    -Mandi

3. thank you for the help

Thank you for the advice. I was just worried. They haven't hurt eachother i guess that is a good sign. The cage that we have is the one that they give you as a starter kit. We are looking to get a bigger one. We just don't know what kind to get yet. Or what kind is good for two parakeets. I'm gussing that a bigger one is good.LOL