1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

someone please help me....

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by jason, Jan 4, 2005.

1. jason

jason New Member

I really want to now I have a 45 gallon tank and I was wondering how many fish I could put in there please tell me and does anybody have any info on blood parrots

Thanks Jason
    xxx

2. venom

venom New Member

what kind of fish do u want? blood parrots? you could get maybe 1-2 blood parrots in a 45g because they get to b 8". Blood parrots can not close their mouths either. They shouldnt be kept with other cichlids b/c of their mouth. it isnt really a good design for fighting off other cichlids even if the other cichlid is smaller. Even so they are aggressive and will fight back other cichlids but they will most likely lose. You may want to check sites like liveaquaria and if you want addition sites ( i know a forum or two on bloods) PM me.

Venom

3. jason

jason New Member

how many congo tetres could I put in my 45 gallon and could I put a blood parrots in with them.

4. venom

venom New Member

again. i dont think any b/c bloods are aggressive.

5. Hooben

Hooben New Member

In my experience, the tiger barb is a good match for the parrot cichlid. Make sure that the parrots are not dyed, they do not naturally occur in purples or greens. You could get maybe 4 to 6 tiger barbs and 2 parrots.

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member