1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Spayed Yesterday - any advice?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by abbeys-mom, May 15, 2004.

1. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

I am picking up Abbey this afternoon from the animal hospital. Any advice on what I can do to comfort her.

Thanks in advance,

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I just picked up Harley last Friday from her spay. She was a pretty bad case the vets said so hopefully you won't have as many issues as I did.

First, don't let her walk around at all! She will be very drowsey. If she is usually the kind of dog that follows you, stay in one spot, just lounge and watch tv. harley kept trying to get up to walk with me to the kitchen etc. and threw up each time.

Also, maybe bring her bed out and just have her lay down. She will most likely just want to sleep.

I'm sure more will have suggestions.

3. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hi Bullylove1,
    thanks for the info.

Did Harley saty over night in the hospital?

4. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

no, they let me take her home. They almost wanted her to go back because of all the weight she lost in one day and wouldn't eat. I finally boiled a big chicken breast for her and she wolfed it down.

When she slept, I just put a t-shirt on her so that she wouldn't be able to get at the stitches. I just don't think she would be comfortable sleeping with the stupid cone on her head.

By Sunday, she was much better.

I paid extra to get them to give her fluids while she was out, and she had a HUGE lump of fluid on her neck when we got home that day. It is normal and will go down the next day. Just thought I would prepare you if this is something you got too.

5. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

Abbey is great! She was a bit groggy the day she came home on friday, but now she is almost back to her self. I am actually having a bit of a hard time keeping her from running and jumping. But Ihave kept her leash on all day that way she is with me always.

Anyways,

Have a great Monday!

6. winnie

winnie New Member

I'm glad Abby ius doing well :) When i got my little terror Sydney spayed i could not keep her quiet at all, espicially since i had another dog....she swelled up like a golf ball, im glad its over with...males have it easier, i think it is something like 3 days and then they are back to normal.....:)