1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Speaking of drinking problems....

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by TabbyLover, Apr 9, 2005.

1. TabbyLover

TabbyLover New Member

Hi everybody,
    I have been lurking for quite a while & really enjoying everybody's kitty pictures and stories. I want to post pics of my boys but I don't know how :( as I am incredibly stupid when it comes to sending my photos on the internet!

I bought the Drinkwell fountain (1 month ago) since I was tired of turning the sink on and off. My kitty Ninja (who I think might be a Bengal, based on what I've seen here), took to it right away.
    Tobey is the one I call my "wussy pussy"
    He was definitely intimidated by the fountain at first and I've never actually seen him drink from it. But he hasn't been bothering me for water at the sink so my question is : Could he be dehydrated and not letting me know (even tho he seems fine, or is he just drinking while I'm at work?

They eat almost exclusively dry food.

(Of course, there is always option 3: Tobey has trained hubby to give him water when I'm not around :lol: )
    Thanks!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Option 3 is a possibility :lol:
    If the fountain is pretty much the only access to water for a month you would have seen health problems by now if he was dehydrated, you could do 'the skin test' pull up the skin on his back near his neck and see how long it takes to go back down, it should go back immediately, if it stays up then hes dehydrated....if it goes back down slowly hes dehydrated. The only time this doesnt work is on some cats their skin is so tight that theres nothing to pull up. Cats are naturally nocturnal and a lot of their eating and drinking is done at night so it could be that you just havent seen him, I would imagine that his bodys need for fluid would get him past his fear of the fountain, and seeing the other cat drinking from there.

3. Bente

Bente New Member

Hi, and welcome! :D

I think Kyrre would love to have a fountain, I just havent got myself together and bought one yet. Are they expencive? And I've always wondered if they make alot of noise?

To post pictures you first have to register on a photo hosting site. Photobucket.com is a good one.
    Once you are registered, upload your pics to your account/album. Then you highlight the URL under the picture you want to post here, right click and copy. Then you come here, press the Img tab, right click and paste, and press the Img tab again.

It should look like this: [​IMG]

Only without the space between .jpg and [/img]

Voila! You have your picture :wink:

4. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Bente, my waterfountain wasn't very expensive. Maybe about $30. It's not usually noisy--sometimes it makes a "bloop bloop" noise when the water falls from the reservoir. And this is a basic model. I'm surprised it has lasted this long, but everyone loves it!

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Welcome to the board, TabbyLover. Would love to see pictures of your kitties.
    :)

6. TabbyLover

TabbyLover New Member

Thanks for the advice

Thanks everybody. I checked his neck skin and it seems just fun, plus he turned down some sink water yesterday.

Also, thanks for the photo advice Bente. I am almost ready to follow it except my computer at home crashed a couple of weeks ago and now I can't find the photos! :roll:
    When hubby takes a break from his studying schedule he promised to find them for me & then I swear I will post my beautiful Tobey & Ninja, scouts honor!