1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stan My Angel Fish + my molly

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

I think ones wolfs dream has had this problem recently.

I recently moved all y fish from a 17 - a 35gal tank, i used cycled water but i had to move them that day so the tank isnt v.well established. iv used filter bacteria to get the filter working better - fluval 204, but my angel has become sick.

he originaly grew a pink lump on his nostral and on his long feelers, they look like candy floss.

I treated him with anti interianal bacteria disease treatment and liqusil and he has grown more of this pink candifloss on his other nostal and just before his tail, one side of his tail base pretrudes.

any one have any ideas?

He is still eating, he just doesnt look well attal.

And my molly has gone bald of colour on her head and she was healthy before the move.

she is also still eating. Melifix?

thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Can you post a pic?

Does the pink lump sort of look like cauliflower?

-Chelle

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Sounds like the same problem I had with some Firemouths. After trying myacins without any change I more or less gave up and just increased the salt content to 1 tablespoon/5 gallons. After I increased the salt they cleared up. Just make sure there are no smooth skinned fish in the tank.

4. 3_second_memory

i have a clown loach, so salt is out of the question.

i cant post a pic, the pic also wdnt show the problem, he is getting better, my manager said it may have been a paracite.

He is improving, the pink bits are going, no, it was def like candi floss.

my manager suggested melafix for that. i havent got any yet tho.

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

I believe that was on my angel, she is doing fine though, but the lump was white and she has healed, i did nothing to try heal it not knowing what the disease was and it healed itself.

6. 3_second_memory

yeah, thnx Oneswolfdream, stan has healed apart from the lump on the base of his tail. its his actual skin that pretrudes, like he has a lump under the skin, but you cant see anything (he is very see through near the end of his body).

He seems happy now tho. I got him a discus at wrk yesterday, he is scared of the discus, but he's is getting used to him.

7. OneWolvesDream

Thats great to hear, yea i think mine was close to that. Still it had some form of an infection i guess or something.

8. 3_second_memory

im glad yours recovered! it's horrible to se them die!

9. OneWolvesDream

Yup, it is, i also have had quite a horrible experience with my angels, only one of 5 i believe it is has made it past the first day and that was my first ever angel. She is coming up on a year now and she is about 3" tall (fins included) and about two" long including fins. But with the right care they can be hardy fish.

10. 3_second_memory

stan is my 1st and only angel, but i now steve had probs wit his angels, all but one wd die, and then the last one wd go, but he has two which are a very delicate in their finnage, again, a slightly rarer one, and they are doing fine!