1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stocking 10 gallon help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

So far i got 5 ghost shrimp, 1 cory cat, 3 red wags, 2 coolie loaches, 1 sword tail, possibly snails, but i want 1 main fish, any suggestions??? And no i dont want a 20, im going 10 gallon and nothing else, i will have full testing equipment and all that with everything a tank needs, Filter, heater, lights, etc..... I want a cool, around 4 or more inch fish (that eventually grows 4 inch or 5 inch max size), I like having a main fish and yea. so i need suggestions of wht could live in a 10 gallon,

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

O and also plz add comments about wht u think of my stock so far, if u think its cool or bad, ur opinion plz.

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

There's just no fish that is over 4 inches that you can put in a 10 gallon tank. I know that you don't want to hear it, but a larger tank will actually be easier to take care of. Ten gallon tanks are a lot of work, and you dont have to much to choose from as far as fish are concerned. Don't be surprised if your ghost shrimp start to dissappear...lunch. The sword tail and kuhli's just might make a meal of them. I have successfully kept guppies in a ten gallon, but that's about all.

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I c, well im not sure if i will have the money or the stand strong enough to suppport a 20 gallon
    Im putting it on top of a dresser (bout 3 feet high) and its pretty old and wont hold more then 10 gal. thts y im so limited. I guess i dont need kullih loaches. Ill see wht i can do, i realy would like a bigger tank but i just cant get 1. and besides i dont have anything yet.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'd say you're pretty much at your limit (if not slightly overstocked) right now.

-Chelle

6. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

I belive t_chell is correct.

Some of those fish are ca little aggressive.

I would try to get a new tank.

A stand dpsnt need to be there try the floor.

A larger tank can be puchised on e bay.

talk to your friends.Youll be surprised who will gie you a tank.

Try getting a new tank and if you can't Get rid of a fish (or two).

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I will either take out the loaches or do a frog tank

8. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Never set a full tank on the floor. There is not a floor made that is perfectly level. They are full of dips and humps. Setting a full tank on the floor is just asking for a pressure crack.

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Not to mention it will be nearly impossible to get a siphon started unless the tank is on a 2nd floor.

-Chelle

10. Trickster

Trickster New Member

My tank is on a 2nd floor. And y would sypthoning be hard? THe bucket will be lower then the Tank still. The Base of the tank will be about 3 Feet or so off the ground... (Give or take a few inches)

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Sorry, I was talking about if you had the tank sitting directly on the floor.

-Chelle

12. Trickster

Trickster New Member

O. My bad.