1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stocking a 25 gallon Tank.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Dec 19, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Currently we have a 25 gallon tank with tetras in it. We resently had an epidemic and we lost our dwarf gourimis and 4 rummy nosed tetras. All that is in there now it 2 blue tetras, 2 congo Tetras, 3 silvertipped tetras, and 2 cories. There are also 3 platies but they will be moving into another 10gal. shortly.
    When they get moved, do you think it will be possible to put 6 cardinal tetras and 3-4 Kribs in the tank.

2. tyler_medeiros

Also would it maybe be better to put 3 or 4 german rams instead of the kribs.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I would pick either 3 cardinal tetras or 2 rams or 2 kribs. That's prety much all you'll have room for.

-Chelle

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Only 3 Cardinal Tetras in a 25 gallon tank??????

5. tyler_medeiros

Amount Fish size Gallonage
    2 blue 1 2
    2 congo 2 4
    3 silvertipped 1.5 4.5
    4 cardinals 1 4
    2 kribs 4 8
    2 cory 1 2

Total = 24.5[/b]

6. tyler_medeiros

Sorry about the last post. It didnt turn out close to haw i wanted it to.
    Why wont this stocking list work. It is under 25 gallons. All the fish are slim bodied and under 4 inches.

2 blue tetrs * 1" = 2
    2 congo tetras * 2" = 4
    3 silvertipped tetras * 1.5" = 4.5
    2 cories * 1" = 2
    4 cardinals * 1" = 4
    2 Kribs * 4" = 8

total = 24.5 gallons.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Blue tetras get 2" so that's 4 gallons
    I just looked and congo tetras actually get 3" - 4" (I was thinking 2") so that's 6 gallons
    Silver tipped tetras are 1 1/2 - 2" (I'll say 1 3/4") so that's about 5 gallons
    Are those pygmy cories? If so, then you're right, 1" = 2 gallons

So that's 17 gallons worth of fish to start with.

Cardinals get 2" so 3 would be another 6 gallons. Which would be a total of 23 gallons (give you a little leway)

Or kribs & rams get around 4" so 2 would be 8 gallons (although alloting 10 gallons would be better since they're cichlids). So they would bring the original total up to 27 gallons (a little heaviliy stocked, but managable)

-Chelle