1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stocking Question ..... .....

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Mar 22, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

29 Gallon tank
    - 2 Blue tetras
    - 1 pleco 3"
    - 1 male dwark gouramis
    - 4 Male guppies.
    any suggestions on what else we could add.
    i was thinking 2 more male gouramis. will the fight???

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, the gouramis would likely fight.

I'd add about 5 more blue tetras and leave it at that. That will give you a decent stocking level and with 7 blue tetras, the male guppies and a dwarf goruami swimming around, it should be a nice colorful, active tank.

-Chelle

3. Used

Used New Member

I would also suggest to remove the pleco. The pleco will get way too big for a 29 gallon and they produce alot of waste. Instead of the pleco for a cleaner fish get a nice school of ottos. No less then 3 ottos they like each others company. Good luck with your tank. :D

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

actually, it all depends on the type of pleco....a sailfin pleco can get 12"+ meanwhile a small clown pleco will max. out at a few inches.

5. tyler_medeiros

ya it is a clown pleco and we were planning on moving it to my dads 75 gallon if it gets to big.
    Any other suggestions on what to add.

6. Used

Used New Member

My mistake for not saying common pleco becase that pleco is the easiest to find. The clown pleco won't get too big for a 29 gallon. I also agree with Chelle get 5 or 6 more blue tetras.

7. tyler_medeiros

we were thinking some more colorful fish and not to small.
    even if we get 2-4 if the are about 3 inches and colorful.
    Any one have suggestions???

8. tyler_medeiros

we went and looked at some fish we like:
    Gold Barb
    Rosy barb
    Bleeding heart tetra
    Moonlight gourami
    Red eye tetra
    Pearl Gourami
    Platty's
    Red hook (Myleus rubripinnes)
    what do you think??

9. tyler_medeiros

we also like some of the chilids but i dont think tat they are compatible with the gourami.

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

First I won't combine cichlids, especially africans with your gourami. Also, are you thinking of adding more fish to the list that we gave you with the gourami and the tetras? If you are, I don't think that you are going to be able to add more fish to your fish tank cause it would probaly be too much bioload. I hope I was being helpful.

11. tyler_medeiros

no all thats in the tank is
    - 2 Blue tetras
    - 1 pleco 3"
    - 1 male dwark gouramis
    - 4 Male guppies

12. tyler_medeiros

o rhow aboiut a Kribensis??