1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Students caught a Walking Stick

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by cosmicpixie, Dec 10, 2005.

1. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Hello,
    My students (kindergartners) found a walking stick yesterday while we were on the playground. They insisted that we take in because they were certain it would freeze to death outside. I called around to some petstores and they informed me that he/she would eat rose petals and small crickets. We have it in a large tuperware container with Plastic Wrap over the top with small holes for air. My questions are, can you tell if its a boy or girl? And what kind of substrate should I use for his enclosure? I figure he/she won't live long in captivitiy, but its probably longer than out in the freezing cold weather.

Tracie
    Kindergarten teacher Extraordinaire