1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Styrofoam?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilest Budgie, Apr 17, 2004.

1. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

Is styrofoam safe for budgies? They would proboly have fun tearing it. What about paper and cardboard. Are those safe too? Just want to make sure..

2. scootergirl

scootergirl New Member

I am not sure about styrafoam for budgies but paper, yes. I found out by "accident" how they like to chew paper. I had the cage near the fridge and noticed one day that they had gotten a hold of the school lunch menu! LOL

What I do now is take a catalog page and drape it over the perch that runs the width of the cage and let the have at it. I end up replacing the paper about 3-4 times a week!

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi Paper and cardboard are both safe providing there is no ink on it plain paper is best and unused untouch cardboard is best too.

The ink in newspaper can be harmful to birds so stick to plain paper and they will be fine i think tearing up paper and stuff is there way of having fun oh and making a mess heheheh

mike

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Are you 100% sure on that about styrofoam?