1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

suddan snails

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 2, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i just came upstairs to look @ my fshtank and i saw two snails. this isnt verry good. i have been trying to make sure that i dont have any snails because they are a hazard and the fish dont eat these. i have had plants in my tank for two weeks and there wernt any snails on the tank but they suddaly appeared. i dont want any!!! what do i do?

2. OneWolvesDream

nevermind i got rid of it :)

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

you can eithger buy a liquid snail remover or get some clown loaches. the clown loach LOVES to feed off a snails. snails are usually introduced into an aquarium from live plants.

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Snails

Hi there! Hope they are all gone for you. There may be a tiny one kicking around there somewhere though. Snails are sneaky! You aren't the only one though! I have had the same thing happen to me. After having purchased some live plants from my lfs, suddenly had several snails! I think in fact that it happens often to anyone buying live plants. I hope you are as lucky as me! I was rid of them by picking them out and I didn't want to hurt them so I put them in the pond behind the condo (at the time I was living in Florida so it was easy) and seemed humane. I did have some stragglers though so have an eye! :shock: :color=indigo][/color]

5. OneWolvesDream

thanks, yeah i think there is one somewhere, my neon tetras have been searching for them, i dont lik the damage they did to my plants though.

6. OneWolvesDream

there is another one but i cant seeem to fing it now! it fell off the glass and now its gone

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Good luck. I've been fighting snails in my 10 gallon for almost a year now and finally have it down to a managable level. About once every 2 or 3 months I'll collect all but a couple (don't mind having a few snails to help keep things clean) and feed them to the oscars.

-Chelle