1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden death

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Abz, May 2, 2004.

1. Abz

Abz New Member

my oldest white cloud died last night.. :cry:
    I'v had him for at least over a year, and I have no idea why he died..
    it wasn't dropsy, popeye, finrot, swimbladder... there was no visable parasites... he was swimming fine yesterday and looked really healthy...
    even dead he looked in perfect health.. if that makes any sense..
    the only thing different about him was his back half looked a bit red.. but that could be something that happens dead fish?
    I'd just like to have an idea so I know what to do to avoid it happening to the rest of them.. they are all fine, I checked them 1 by 1.. but so was he..
    thanks...

2. J_acon

J_acon New Member

:cry: Not a clue and sorry about your fish. Maybe old age?

3. Abz

Abz New Member

hmm

how long do white clouds live for? :?:

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've heard anywhere from 3-10 years.

It could have just been old age. Most of the time we don't get to know the age of the fish we buy.

5. Abz

Abz New Member

well he was significantly bigger than the others apart from his sister... he was about 2 inches but very well filled out and sturdy compared to the younger ones. I just want to try rule out possible diseases in case it might infect the others.. does it sound like any illness?

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

depending on the fish will determin the age and i think yours was only ment for a year