1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden indoor elimination problems

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by JMTooTall, Mar 26, 2004.

1. JMTooTall

JMTooTall New Member

Hi everyone!

Our 15 week old Maltese/Shih tzu, Maddie, has been so fantastic with going to the front door and whining when she needs to go out to eliminate. In the 8 weeks we have had her (up until yesterday) she probably only had 3 accidents in the house! She has been great!

Well, yesterday she went FIVE TIMES in the house. We think that each time it happened, it was when we left the room for a minute or so. She currently has the entire first floor, but we have gates up for the stairs.

Any thoughts on what might be happening? Is this her way of telling us she doesn't like when we leave her alone? She does whine every time we leave the room, and she can't see us. Maybe a bladder/urinary tract infection?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll check back in after lunch to let you know how today goes.

Thanks in advance!

2. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

there could be many different reasons. she is still young so it just may be puppy stuff. but it definitely could be a bladder/urinary tract infection. my first suggestion would be to to make sure it's not anything medical related. if all that checks out clear then we could assume that it is behavioral, and take it from there. :)

3. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I would take a trip to the vet just in case ,but it could be a puppy thing .

4. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

potty problems

Hi JM,

I also have a maltese/shih tzu mix, and I gotta tell you, she's been a handful to potty train! She does great for a while, then regresses. Like the others, I think you should rule out a health problem with a trip to the vet, but she's still so young, it could just be a puppy issue.

Good luck,

Diane in Houston

5. JMTooTall

JMTooTall New Member

Thanks everyone! It turned out to just be for that one day. I was away on business, and I think she might have just been in a "mood." Since that day, we have not had any problems. I'll make sure to check back with you experts soon!

thanks again.... we really appreciate it! :eek: