1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar the Appy

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Sara, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Well Sugar developed Pigeon fever so I nixed that sale... I been shopping around a bit and found a NICE gelding. Rode him last night in the wind and all... He's completely green is almost 4 but isn't spooky or jumpy... Listens well...has GREAT movement and all that jazz... I'm really excited that this one will work out... The mare I was looking at, Sugar developed Pigeon fever and I'm not ready for that responsibility boarding her etc... If it had cropped up AFTER I'd had her it would be different...but this came on before the sale was even agreed upon... So that's that I guess... It's rough dealing with horse people sometimes I have to say... Her owner threw a ROYAL fit when I chose to NOT purchase the horse... I feel bad about it but I can't risk my own elderly gelding and I can't risk the 45 other horses at the boarding facility... I just can't...

This gelding might be just the thing though. He's 15hh and he's an appy...dark bay w/ blanket... REALLY great manners and like riding a cadillac (well no power steering and the gas is a bit tricky...LOL). I'll post a pic ASAP.

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Here is Rodeo Blackjack...

[​IMG]

3. someday

someday New Member

oh now he's a cutie! I wouldn't have bought Sugar either. That's a lot of expense on your part and it could be spread to the rest of the horses. That's unfortunate, but I think this guy is even better looking!

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

He is very pretty. The gas can be a touch tricky on a green 4 year old can't it?

5. Sara

Sara New Member

LOL... YES it was all a bit tricky out there in the wind and a saddle that was a bit too big and stirrups that were a touch too long and having not ridden a TON lately I'm pretty out of shape... A couple of times we truly did resemble that stop and go you get when you first learn to use a clutch...LOL... Steering was surprisingly well and backing turned out well too...not straight but he did back about 8-10 steps...

He's a FAST learner so I can't wait to get him out here... If no one snatches him up before the 29th he'll be mine!!! That's the deal right now but you know how it is... I'm being cautious in saying that it's not a done deal... When he's safely in my stables...I'll let you all know...LOL

Thanks for the compliments... The contract on Sugar stated that I would be responsible for vetting on ALL of the Pigeon fever etc... Luckily before it was done and set in stone I was able to realize how bad her condition was...she developed a second Abcess (REALLY deep) in the other pec. so it wasn't going to be quick to heal by any means... There was no holding on the sale and she was SMALL for what I want to do...so I decided it would be best to just skip it... I'm sure glad I did too!!!

I'll get picks of Blackjack at his new stable when it happens! Keep fingers crossed that the deal works out I have an agonizing week ahead of me though!