1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion please about Fez

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Jul 1, 2005.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

Hi Guys, i need some suggestions, please!

I have four cats and as some of you know i got a new kitten about a month ago, named Fez(he is #4). When i brought Fez home I put him in our spare room, and i put our extra litter box and food and water in there for him. Since he was really sick, week, dehydrated and super skinny I wanted him to be able to go in that room if he wanted to sleep or if he was scared. During the 3 weeks he was sick he would stay in there but he would come out and climb on the living room couch and sleep on my lap. I could also pick him up in the spare room and bring him in the living room and he would sit on my lap for a while.

Now that he is better he spends even more time in the spare room. If I pick him up and bring him in the living room he goes right back into the spare room. I can go in his room and pet him and he purrs and climbs up to me, but he wont do that anymore in the living room.

So my goal is to get him cofortable with being out in the rest of the house. The only time he leaves that room now is if he needs water and to use the other litterbox in the bathroom. He has started playing with a cat teaser but isnt quite sure what to do with it yet.

The food in the spare room was always just a temporary thing since he was so weak i didnt want him to have to go far for food. But now that he is sooo much better, i was thinking of moving the food back on top of the washer. I made step type things so he can hop up there no problem, but how do i teach him thats the new place the food will be? Also will moving the food out of that room help him get use to the house?

How can i get him to be more comfortable out of that room? I want to shut the door to that room so he cant go in there, but i know i would feel bad if i did that. What can i do?

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Maybe it is going to just take him a little time to get used to going to other parts of the house. When you put food in his bowl on the washer put him up there to eat and see what he does. You may have already done that.

I probably wouldn't close the door to that room yet. Where are your other cats? Would he be afraid of them?

Sounds like you are trying and I'm sure in time it will all work out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Best of luck. :)

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I agree with Sunset05. It will just take time for him to get more comfortable with other areas of the house. I wouldn't try and rush him. Just be patient. He will eventually roam around all over the place. :D