1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Switching from Iams Intestinal Formula

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by heaven, Nov 12, 2008.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

Hi
    I have a 5 year old Pit/Shepard mix. When she was a puppy the vet put her on Eukanuba low residue because she was pooping a lot and throwing up alot. She was on the Eukanuba until about a year ago, then the vet told us that Eukanuba was merging with Iams and that they only sold Iams Intestinal low residue instead of the Eukanuba and that it was the same food.

in the time Sandy has been on the iams she has lost weight, she was never chunky but she was a good weight i thought, now she just looks skinny to me. I talked to the vet about it afew weeks ago when we had her there and the comment from the vet was that she's very high strung . She's always been a bit high strung so why the weight loss after being on this food?

Anyway, i want to take her off the iams but what is a good food to switch her to? she's an allergy dog, has always been on special food basically and i really don't know what would be a good food for her belly.

my brother says to try wellness but i was searching around for info on wellness and found some people saying that their dogs throw up because it's heavy. any suggestions?

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome to the boards!!!! There are a ton of folks here that will offer up good ideas.

I have a boxer/lab and he is a sensitive belly dog and he's got Addison's Disease. I feed him Nutro Natural Choice lamb and rice for sensitive stomachs. He does very well on it, I can feed him less, he poops less because it has low "fillers" in it so his body absorbs more of it.

There are a lot of foods out there and many people feed a raw diet. The main thing is that you feed a good high quality meal. Check the top 10 ingredients meats should be there not all of the filler stuff including corn that is extremely hard to digest.

good luck and I look forward to seeing pictures. Let us know what you decide.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

You are right to be concerned, the weight drop has only now started.

Canidae is a good food for dogs with certain allergies and is not very expensive.