1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

tankmates for a 55

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by hooterhead, Apr 12, 2005.

1. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

i'm currently stocking my 55 gal. need some ideas on what i can put with my needle nose gar, tire track eel, and red belly pacu. i'm pretty sure that i'm going to get rid of the pacu soon because of the obvious...it's going to get really big! just looking for ideas. thanks

2. Used

Used New Member

The Tire Track Eel should be fine in a 55 gallon,but the Needle Nose Gar needs a minimum tank size of 70 gallons. Do you already have the Needle Nose Gar, if so What size is it now?

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would get rid of the gar and the pacu and put a oscar in their

4. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

[------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
    about like that. pretty sure i'll be getting rid of the pacu soon but i'll probably upgrade to a bigger setup by the time the gar gets too big.

5. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi hooterhead, Just a quick question. What are you going to do with the Tire Track Eel when the Needle Nose Gar gets bigger? Don't believe that the Tire Track will be absolutely safe just because the Gar is considered a top feeder.

6. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member