1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Teeth and Cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by loves-da-pits, Oct 28, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I looked at Reese's teeth today and notice that he had a little bit of tartar on the back ones. Nothing major so far. He'll be 2 yrs. old in January.

I give him meaty bones from the meat dept. but he eats the meat and will bury the bone, so he's not really getting the essential cleaning of the teeth.

I don't think he will go for me cleaning them with a brush. At what stage should I ask the Vet to clean his teeth or is there anything else I can try to get him to chew (without trying to bury it) to keep his teeth clean.

I know that bad dirty teeth is one of the things that can make a dog sick later on in years.

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Try one of those spikey massagey type balls that you can throw for him to catch.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

Luther will dig up te bone later on are you sure REese isn'T doing that too? I haven't ever taken him to get his teeth cleaned, sorry I can't be of anyhelp!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Greenies and Dentabones are supposed to help.

You are probably buying those huge marrow bones, right? They don't chew those up. Get him something smaller, like ribs or a whole chicken or a turkey leg or something. Or a game hen. I think even something with cartilege like a turkey neck (chicken necks are too small) would be good for teeth cleaning. I hear whole green tripe makes a good floss.

5. Angie

Angie New Member

I thought you weren't supposed to give chicken bones to dogs?

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Raw is ok. BUt once you cook it, the bones become very brittle and will splinter.

Chicken bones raw are flexible and will crumble in to small bits without sharp edges.

Pork bones are the same way. Raw is ok, but Cooking them makes them dangerous.

7. Angie

Angie New Member

Ohhhhh! OK! Thanks for clearing that up for me!
    :D