1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

tell bird flu infection news

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by vonal, Jan 31, 2006.

1. vonal

vonal New Member

Hi all
    I want to know all the side effects information about bird flu infection related drugs, which medication is most suitable in this infection, can you tell me about bird flu infection more, please give all the information.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

There is no cure for bird flu and all birds infected have to be destroyed to stop the risk of it spreading to more birds.

Domesticated birds that are kept in doors at all times are not so much at risk.

Bird flu in humans has similar symptoms to the common flu:

fever
    cough
    sore throat
    muscle aches
    conjunctivitis

Avian refers to birds and flu is the common name for influenza. Avian flu is influenza that infects birds, including wild birds such as ducks and domestic birds such as chickens. Avian flu is caused by influenza virus type A. There are 15 subtypes influenza A, two of which affect birds. These are called the H5 and the H7 subtypes.1

These viruses are known as "highly pathogenic (disease-causing) avian influenza" (HPAI). They produce a severe disease in birds and are rapidly fatal, leading to bird flu epidemics.

One such bird flu virus (the H5N1 subtype) is currently infecting chickens in Asian countries.

Antiviral medications used to treat human flu viruses help to reduce the symptoms of bird flu, but it's not yet clear whether these work for the current type of bird flu.1

There is currently no vaccine to prevent bird flu in humans. Currently available vaccines are not effective against the H5N1 strain of the virus. Scientists are working on developing a vaccine, but it is difficult because the virus frequently changes.1

Taken from.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_informatio ... anflu.html

Mike

3. zoly

zoly New Member

:eek: Hi friend
    I am feeling very good to know that you want to know all the side effects about bird flu infection related drugs, and which medication is most suitable in this infection, Well I can tell you the side effects of bird flu drugs.
    Such as headache, little fever, and about most usable drugs these are relenza, tamiflu etc. for more visit here, here you can find more information- http://www.drugdelivery.ca/bird-flu.aspx use it.