1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ten & Ghost update

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by t_chelle16, Apr 19, 2006.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Just a little update:

We took Ten, Ghost, & Emily to the vet today for shots/testing.

Ghost had previously tested as a slight positive for FIV. Today he was a negative. :D So chances are, the first was was nothing more than a false positive. He also got his 2nd FeLV shot so he's out of quartantine and can play with the other cats. We were initially really worried about him & Romeo getting along because they're both males, but so far, he's getting along better with Romeo than the others. And we got him microchipped so I guess that makes him officially ours.

When we got Ten her shots, we also had her tested again for FeLV because we've been giving her all the immune boosters in hopes that she would kick it. Back in January, she tested as a strong positive twice. Now, she's a weak positive. :D So it looks like she's starting to kick it. The vet showed us how to read the tests.There's a blue dot in the middle that's the positive control. Ten's dot was about half as dark as the control. We'll probably have her tested again in 6 months - 1 year and hopefully by then she'll be a complete negative.

Oh, and Emily & Ghost weighed in a 13lbs each. :shock:

-Chelle

2. nern

nern New Member

Thats wonderful news! Thanks for the update.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Here's a pic of the whole gang. They all like their tuna so much that they don't even care who's sitting next to them. And yes, Emily is so lazy, she doesn't even bother getting up to eat her dinner.

[​IMG]

-Chelle

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That's good to hear. :eek: I hope things will continue to go well. I sure like those all grey cats. Do you have any more pics of Ghost? What kind of camera do you use? Your pics always come out terrific. Or perhaps it's the photographer and not the camera? :wink:

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Camera is a Nikon D70 DSLR (which definitely helps in the photo-taking department).

Here's a couple more pics of Ghost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

6. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sounds like good news. That's wonderful.

Great pictures. :)

7. vene

vene New Member

Great news and pictures! Emily is too funny! :mrgreen: Ghost looks so adorable and the pictures so clear and crisp that I can almost reach into the screen and pet him! I love his eyes and his beautiful coat! :m10:

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks for posting more pics of Ghost. He is so cool looking. I'll be happy to adopt him if you want. :wink: I miss having an all grey cat. I don't know why I like them so much. Maybe it's just because Handsome (R.I.P.) was all grey and he was just such a cool cat. Anyway, all your cats are beautiful and seem to be very well cared for.