1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ten needs a miracle

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by t_chelle16, May 9, 2006.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Just when we're all thrilled that Tennessee seems to be beating her leukemia, we find out she has lung cancer. :( The type of cancer she has spreads pretty quickly and is not operable. In just over 2 weeks, she went from acting normal & running all over the house to labored breathing & no energy. Basically, all we can do is make her comfortable (we're going to try to rig up an oxygen tent for her and our vet is looking for a liquid bronchial dilator med) and hope for a miracle.

Here's a pic from a few days ago when she was feeling pretty good.
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Im so very sorry to hear this, It must be so hard for you at the moment, just give her all your love and cuddles as you probably well do anyway..
    I hope things work through ok..
    Take care.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

positve thoughts being sent

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks.

-Chelle

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That is really sad. :( I am so sorry. She is such a pretty girl. I wish her all the best and just hope she will not suffer. I will send good thoughts her way. Again, I am so sorry.

6. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

thoughts and tender well wishes from nova scotia.

7. vene

vene New Member

Thinking of Ten and sending well wishes.

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear it. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

9. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Oh Chelle, I'm really sorry. She is a beautiful cat. :cry:

10. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks for all the well wishes, but she took a turn for the worse today and we had her put down. She'd become anemic and was starting to pant because she couldn't get enough oxygen and she was just so miserable because she couldn't play.

We burried her at the top of the waterfall by our pond in her toy box with lots of her toys (it was a dingy old cardboard box, but she love it and got mad at us a while back when we tried to replace it with a nicer basket ).

We'll go to the landscaping place this weekend and find a really nice plant to put there for her and we also need to pick one up for Scout (our kitten we lost back in January).

We're also going to set up an appointment to get all the other cats retested for FeLV just to make sure we're completely rid of it (they're all vaccinated, but we want to be absolutely sure).

-Chelle

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Oh Chelle. I am so sorry. :cry:

13. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

Oh My Gosh. I Feel So Bad. I Am So So So Sorry! :(

14. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry. :cry:

15. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Ohhh Im so sorry to hear this, really sorry, Its hard when you lose something you cherish and love so much, they make such an impact on our lives dont they..With Happiness with pets, always comes some sadness too..
    She was lucky to have such a caring owner..

[​IMG]

16. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks everyone.

At least she gave us an opportunity to learn about FeLV and some possible treatments/cures (she really was beating it). And my mom has been passing on what she's learned and what was working for Ten to others. So maybe our experiences with Ten might help save some other kitties.

-Chelle

17. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Heres a poem of sorts i found.. kinda sad but it fits. please enjoy and know your have my condolances.

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
    OF AN EXTREMELY DISTINGUISHED CAT

I, Mr. Smith Meyers (familiarly known as Smitty) because of the burden of my illness, realize that the end of my life is near…and so I hereby bury my Last Will and Testament in the heart of my Friend. She will not know it is there until some time after my death. Then, remembering me in her sadness, she will know of this testament. I ask her, then, to inscribe it as a memorial to me.

I have little in the way of material things to leave. Cats are much wiser than men. We do not set great value upon things. I have only my love and magic to bequeath. These I leave to all those who have loved me, and especially to my friend, who I know will mourn me the most. Perhaps it is vain of me to boast when I am so near to the Gate through which we must all, one day, pass but I have always been an extremely special and distinguished cat!

I ask my friend to remember me always but not to grieve for me too long. In my life I have given her comfort in time of sorrow and a reason for added joy in her life. It is painful for me to think that even in death I should cause her pain. Let her remember that no cat was ever happier but I have grown ill and pained. It is time to say “Good-bye”. It will be a great sadness to leave her but not a sorrow to die. I accept this part of the journey as a natural part of life…not something alien and terrible which destroys life.

What will come to me after death? Who knows? … But I would like to think that I will be joined by companions I’ve known in life. I will romp about in mice-filled fields with those who have gone before me. Every hour is mealtime and there is always a little brook with fresh running water. I will spend long evenings in front of fireplaces with logs forever burning and curl up with memories of the old days on earth and the love of my special person.

This is much to expect but peace is certain…and a long rest for these weakened limbs will be welcome.

One last request I make. I ask her, for the love of me, to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory not to have a cat in her life. I have never had a narrow spirit and have always held that most cats are good (some dogs, too!). Some cats are better than others, of course…like me! And, so, I suggest another of similar background but others could be suitable, too. No cat can be as distinguished and handsome as I was but she must not ask the impossible. He will do his best and even his inevitable defects will help to keep my memory ever green.

To him, I’ve left my green chaise lounge and my place in the garden window which I loved so much and wish him long, sunny afternoons of snoozing and bird watching.

A few last words of farewell, Dear Heart. I have loved you completely and no matter how deep I sleep I shall hear you. Remember always that Angels are not allowed to show their wings on earth, but there’s no rule against whiskers!

-Barbara Meyers

18. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful kitty. :cry:

19. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Tenessee :cry: I remember falling totaly in love with her the first time I saw her picture... She looked so small and helpless, but with a lot of TLC from you, she grew to be a beautiful little lady. Big hugs from me and Kyrre.

20. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She was a beautiful girl.