1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The Case of the Re-Located Banana. You are the jury.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Yesterday after work Dukesmom and I arrived home at the same time. She let the boys out while I fixed their supper. As usual all was chaos with the boys romping around. I went out to look at the tomato patch and Dukesmom let the boys out to join me in the back yard.
    Not long after we all went back into the house just as Dukesmam was coming back into the den. There on the floor in the middle of the den was a banana that was formerly resting on a counter top in the kitchen.
    I picked up the banana to discover some teeth marks in the middle but just to one side as if it had been gingerly picked up in someones mouth.
    Using my best Sherlock Holmes forensic talents I then discovered one long hair stuck to the bone. Aha, now everyone was a suspect, including Dukesmom.
    A closer examination of the hair exonerated Dukesmom as the hair was distinctly blond in color. That narrowed my suspect list down to two. But who was the culprit. No priors existed for this heinous crime, not one single episode of counter robbing.
    Now it's all circumstantial evidence.
    The long hair had to be Freckles but that hair could have already been on the floor, a likely assumption.
    Duke, on the other hand, has been known to plop his paws up on the counter to observe and approve my fixing of his supper. Freckles has never been seen with his paws up on the counter.
    Now for the final piece of evidence, reaching ability.
    The banana was sitting back about two inches from the edge of the counter. Even if Freckles did jump up and rest his paws on the counter, he is not tall enough to bend his neck far enough to grab that banana unless he added a little jump to the effort.
    Duke's defense attorney now objects to this line of thought. Your honor, my client has never ever committed the crime of banana theft. Good point.
    You the jury have heard all the evidence and now you can decide who's guilty and what the sentence should be.
    You may now retire to deliberate and post your verdict.

2. mamalonglegs

mamalonglegs New Member

Thats is tooo funny!! A banana??!!

To show character...I have a labrador, and she has stolen a chicken carcass off of my kitchen counter. Mine was a slam dunk case....all the humans where together and out, and the only other pets we had at the time, were 3 well caged gerbils. Ginger did community service, and has remained an upstanding citizen.

If I was on the jury, I would vote Duke guilty (sorry Duke)

Melissa (juror #1????)

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

ohh me thinks Duke is the guilty one! [-X as for punishment. He gets to eat the banana :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I can just see him spitting out a banana, thinking what the heck is this?

"I have a labrador, and she has stolen a chicken carcass off of my kitchen counter. Mine was a slam dunk case"

I had a cooked tri-tip on the counter, me and a few friends standing a few feet from it and Jake my lab right in front of us jumped up and grabbed it :shock: . This is so bad but that was my companies dinner, I grabbed it out of his mouth, washed it off and threw it back on the grill for a few minutes to nuke any of those dog germs.

Juror #2 has spoken

4. someday

someday New Member

too funny!
    I have to say Duke is the guilty one as well...sorry buddy. I think eating the banana is an excellent punishment...hehe

Annie also has stolen a chicken carcass off the counter when a few friends and I momentarily left the room. The telltale "plop" of it hitting the floor gave her away though. She did have the sense to pretend she had no idea how it got there when we came to see her work.

5. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Is this a trick question?

If it is -- I think that Dukesdad is the culprit! You see, in all the rushing, you accidentally dropped the banana on the floor. Then your sweeties went over to explore this strange fruit. Sniffed, licked (that is how the hair got stuck to it) and one of them tried to taste it - but because banana skins have a putrid taste - it didn't take much to change their mind to leave that thing alone.

Who done it?

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

are you a writer dukesdad? if you aren't you should be! your stories (although the characters add a lot!) are always so funny!

7. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: :lol:

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

In the event that the jury comes back with a "guilty" verdict against Duke, I can almost be sure that Duke's defense attorney will file an apPEAL!! :lol:

9. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

:0023: Very funny!

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Hmmm anyone seen the cat lately? Wait, you don't have a cat....

Uh Duke, sorry bud, but I think you done it!!! LOL

11. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Frankly I think it was a plot between the two hairy culprits. May have even involved some "climb on my shoulders" cooperation.
    :D
    For the art of putting you in a difficulty of establishing the guilt, I would reward both of them with a yummy bone.... :mrgreen:

(You did it, boys!!! :y_the_best: )