1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The clean team (A.K.A Ghost shrimp)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I know ghost shrimp are scavangers and all that, but will they eat food thats beeen sitting on the bottom of the tank for about 2 weeks? my betta in the 10 gal dont always eat it all and theres always left overs.

2. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

they should clean it up. i would vac the gravel first cause most inverts aren't tolerant of high nitrites or ammonia which i'm sure there is a lot of since there's been excess food sitting in the bottom of the tank for so long.

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Well the betta went poof, guessing a cat AGAIN cuz i still wasnt able to find a cover for the tank, but now im using a screen guard thing for windows when i get my dwarf cichlids

4. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

good idea...

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

ghost shrimp are supposed to be good scavengers, but sometimes certain bettas like to eat them, or harass them, while others are good tankmates for them.

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I hate how they molt and u gotta take out the molt