1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The Correct Way to Climb a tree ? or otherwise known as

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ilovemaltipoos, May 25, 2004.

1. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

HELP !!!!!! :shock:

When I was about 14 , .Jane ,sharon and I were woods rats .We loved to climb down behind Janes and go to the waterfalls and then it was a long hard climb back up ,but we did it often .

There is also a few around here that raise pigs and some get lost in the woods and go wild (like they aren't already ) and we were warned time and again about them and to be on the lookout .Didn't much bother us girls ,we were invincable ! The three Muskerettes ,the girls on a mission ,Charlie's Angels bfore there was Charlies Angels :wink: .We had it all ......or so we thought .

One Saturday ,we packed our lunch ,grabbed our canteens and headed out really early .About 5 am .All three of us were excited cause we planned the night beofre to take our trip and then that night go to the state Fair .Excited and happy ,three girls and no worries in the world .
    The hike down was easier than back up and we had a good trail to the waterfall that we had used many times without incident ,so off we went .

We made it to the water fall in less time we thought than we ever had ,played in the falls and in the stream and then layed our towels on the rocks and was just begining to get a little sleepy (we had stayed up till 2 and got up at 4 am ) ,thought to take a nap .something caught Sharons eye and attention coming from the trail and suddenly she jumped up and said "Okay ,it is a wild pig ,don't anybody move ' Yeah right !!!!!!! ????
    Jane and I both sprang to our feet and I grabed a stick about 3 inches around ,about 4 ft long and took a stance and Jane started looking for rocks to throw and started throwing them at the pig .Sharon hauled butt up the rocks and we yelled for her to go get help ,my dad ,her dad ,Janes dad ,heck ...any dad would do at that time .Jane said ,'we cant make the back climb fast enough ,I will stay with you " I said " Oh Lord .Sharon get gone fast and get daddy "
    The pig was about 25 ft from us and coming fast .Jane could find no more rocks so she skimmed up the tree nearest us ,room for one and I was about 12 ft from the next good climbing tree,before I could get to the tree ,the pig was there .jane threw her canteen from around her neck and whopped the thing ,screaming ,well we both were and I hit it about three times in the head and jumped in the spring .I stayed there until it grunted for about 30 minutes and I was about half frozen ,when it finally after going in circles time and time again took off in the direction it came ,I waited a little while longer and then got out ,Jane ask if we should start up the trail and I said no way ,I am waiting for my dad .jane had a dark attitude and just had to say 'I hope Sharon made it ' Lord ,if that don't make you think and pray ,then nothing will .
    Anyway ,I grabbed a towel and dried off a little and climbed the next tree and we sat there for what seemed like a hundred years waiting for Sharon and help .
    Finally ,we heard noises ,didn't know whther the pig or help was coming ,but we knew to sit it out and wait .Then Suddenly we saw Daddy and Jane's dad coming down the trail and to tell you the truth ,mine had to help me outta that tree .I never was so happy to see anyone in my life.But I could not get down ,I was too much in shock I guess .
    We got home safe and without further incident and yes we did go back to the waterfall ,after about 6 months and a group of men going wild pig hunting to help to clear that area again .We never made it to the fair ,we went home and slept until late the next day ,Sharon's dad made her go home ,Jane and I went to sleep holding hands and thanking God that it was our dad's that came down the trail the second time and that we all three made it safe outta there .

Whre there is friendship ,you have a chance and we all three had ours that day .Friendship and another chance . :wink:

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Darn it, feeling emotional again. Yes, :y_the_best: because you're not coming back here. I think one day you will return.