1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The crate escapee! *Video*

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by True_Pits, Jun 6, 2008.

1. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

This is a short clip of what Ryu did when she escaped the crate last night. We were gone for a couple hours and she came bounding down the stairs after we arrived and proceeded to..........

[​IMG]

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

LOL I think I could see your floor wearing away

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

oh wow... i'm sooo dizzy LOL

LIl stinker!! Thats too funny.

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yeah she keeps me on my toes!

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

What a great video...... wow dizzy... typical pup....I did something bad.....how can you be mad at me? look how cute I am....... :eek: :mrgreen:

6. Samsintentions

how'd she escape the crate? Wire one??

Boe has figured out that if he really wants out of his crate, he just leans on the door, til it bends a little and then slides the little latch out....

I'm tellin ya, some dogs are just too smart for their own good...

7. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

No I don't use wire. It was plastic. She was able to get the gate open from where it goes into the holes, just slipping it past those then if opened.

8. Samsintentions

Smart doggie!!!

I'm trying to find replacement screws for my big giant plastic crate. Might be getting a new male. and gonna need it. LOL

9. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

A new boerboel? I have a giant plastic one and wire one but the wire one got a bit destroyed.

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Ozzy's all but destroyed our big wire one... What a menace.

Sam, usually you can just measure the size of the holes on those crates and use bolts and nuts to screw those together. I've done it bunches. Just gotta check it from time to time to make sure it isn't coming loose. Or do like we horse folks do and use some nail polish to make sure it sticks but isn't like permanent like glue is.

Just a thought.

11. Sara

Sara New Member

Ozzy's all but destroyed our big wire one... What a menace.

Sam, usually you can just measure the size of the holes on those crates and use bolts and nuts to screw those together. I've done it bunches. Just gotta check it from time to time to make sure it isn't coming loose. Or do like we horse folks do and use some nail polish to make sure it sticks but isn't like permanent like glue is.

Just a thought.

I also noticed some dogs do better in plastic than other. I think if you have enough room for the dog to do that pushing thing, to get the plastic off the front then you'll get an escapee. Askari would do that. I guess you get pushers and then you get chewers or dogs who break welds on the wire crates. So far I've managed to pair up the dog to the crate system pretty well. Still frustrating sometimes when you get a houdini... I have a feeling True that this pup you've got is probably going to be one heck of a dog to keep in...a true houdini...gotta love those little smart ones.

12. Samsintentions

Plastic does the same. Boes an expert at pushing the doors on them until they bend the wire and pop open...

Luckily mine don't go anywhere. LOL Oh well.. They rarely stay in crates anyway. I'm home most of the time so they're always out and about...