1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The dotty old lady

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginny, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ginny

Ginny New Member

I am trying SO hard to be patient! I have posted about Cassie before, with her sneezing and the depo jabs. She really is adorable, a total sweetheart who is never nasty to others.

BUT, she wails now she's deaf! And it may be 1am, 3am, 6pm, who cares! Usually it's in the middle of the night, then she'll find me, then she'll wobble the bed with her licking of the bum regime. Then she'll sneeze and cough a few times due to her allergy. I still wipe her down daily which I am sure helps her sniffles, and she does love that, and she also has bisolovon too daily in her wet food.

The wailing? Is she SO loud because she can't hear herself? Is she distressed? I'd hate to think of her upset. She jumps if I forget to stomp when nearing her sleeping spot. When she wails at silly o'clock is it because she wants me but has forgotten where I am?

I am going grey. Fast.

2. vene

vene New Member

Does her vet have any good advice for you? If you can't get good quality sleep, you may have to crate her or put her in her own room. Monty has been wailing at all different hours of the day and night but that's because he's not feeling well.

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Awww you poor things!!!! mine will do that but only occasionally just to hear themselves I think..... And sometimes to find me. I think she does it so loud because she can't hear herself it may be confusing to her.
    Kudos to you I understand the loss of sleep!!! did it with Harley and the kitty Olympics at all hours over our sleeping bodies. And now with Chopper and the kneading and suckling on my ear/neck/cheek and purring as loud as he can at all hours of the night.
    hang in there

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

My Socks has done that a couple of times. The last time she did it, I went to where she was and said "It's okay Socks" and went back up to bed. She quieted down the rest of the night. I don't know if she was just lonely or what.

I don't know what to suggest. Hopefully your kitty will get over this habit.
    Maybe you could research it on line to find some answers.

5. Ginny

Ginny New Member

Well, to update you. The night time wailing seems to have stopped, although it occurs during the daytime now sometimes. Cassie seems to be showing her age very fast though :-(

I've managed to keep her off the steroid for longer than usual by washing her daily and giving her a pinch of bisolvon also. But her back legs seem to be getting weaker, and I have got her a footstool now so she can get onto the sofa. She no longer goes upstairs at all, (we live in a 3 storey house) and just stays either on the sofa or near food! The only thing that is giving me hope is that once it's around noon she becomes lively for some tuna or wet cat food as opposed to her dry diet!

I hate it when my babies get sick, or old and sick! :( I worry myself silly.

6. vene

vene New Member

Big hugs Ginny. I know how you feel.