1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

THE KITTENS ARE ON THEIR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Annie, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie New Member

Soooo excited and a little scared!! Dusty has at last gone into labour :eek: She's in her birthing box, and suprisingly is purring like mad! She went 'funny' about 2 hours ago, there's some blood spots and a lot of attention to hear rear end :) I will post bulletins as we go along, fingers crossed everyone for a safe delivery!!

Annie (also with a very fluttery tummy!!)

2. vene

vene New Member

How exciting, can't wait! Go Dusty, go! Push, push, and push! Good luck!

3. Annie

Annie New Member

No one is born!!! Mum and baby doing fine :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Good luck to you and your kitty!

I hope to hear an update (with good news!)

5. Annie

Annie New Member

:cry: baby no 2 is not lookin good, very small and placenta wrapped round head and embedded in sac, mum had to eat placenta to get to sack to clear face, kittie is gasping, mum is doing her best but I don't hold out much hope...............

6. vene

vene New Member

Do you have a straw or anything you can use to suction out mucous membranes from the mouth and nose?

7. vene

vene New Member

Hang the kitten upside down if you can and pat its back and gently rub its chest. Try to keep the kitten warm if you can.

8. Annie

Annie New Member

Kittie no 2 is snuggled up with mum, still not moving much but breathing seems to be easier and it has cried.

9. Annie

Annie New Member

Pheeeew don't know about Dusty but I'm cream crackered! We seem to be having a lull now, I thinks that's quite normal and have read that as much as an hour can pass between deliveries and even longer???? Dusty is resting with the babes and purring so loud you can hear her a mile off, I guess she must be feeling pretty good and contented, bless. Looks like we might be in for a long night, might have to bring my pillow down and curl up with her :) Now that the their fur has dried out I can tell you that they are both little tiggers, black and cream and they're beautiful :kiss_heart:

10. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Good luck, nothing is ever better. lol.

11. vene

vene New Member

Kitty #2 gave us all a huge scare! I'm more relieved now that it has cried and is snuggling with mom. Is it out of the woods yet? Black and cream tigers, must be soooo cute! Can't wait to see their pics and for more to arrive. Glad Dusty is doing well so far! :eek:

12. Annie

Annie New Member

Definitely having a break between births, have had a good surf of the net and up to 4 hrs is OK so long as she's not distressed which she isn't so I've got my pillow and I'm going to have a snooze.........................

I'm sure she'll wake me when the next one is arriving :)

BFN
    Annie

13. Annie

Annie New Member

No sooner had I hit my pillow.........................

Kittie no 3 is born :eek:

14. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

AWESOME!!!
    YAY Fur babies :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you have plans for them yet?

15. nern

nern New Member

Wow, what an exciting thread! Hope all is going well Annie. :D

Do you have another update for us yet?

16. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

aww, thats so lucky. kittens are so cute when they are just born.....wait....they are always cute.lol.

17. Annie

Annie New Member

Oh what a night.......... :) & :cry:

We lost 'littleone' about half an hour ago, just seemed to give up or maybe there was a birth defect, tried my best but mum lost interest and then more arrived and she was so tired. I don't think 'littleone' was meant for this earth, so tiny and so weak :(

4 & 5 arrived about 1.30, had to intervene with no 4, mum just didn't want to know, placenta wasn't coming and mum wasn't attending to sac/face so I did it and a gentle tug on the umbilical brought the placenta out, quickly gave babe to mum and she did her bit then no 5 arrived immediately after, no problems with this one.

We have all been dozing on and off since, I thought maybe another one coming at 3.30 but I think maybe she just wanted to give her rear a good clean :!:

Have now cleaned all the soiled stuff out of the box and put a nice warm blanket and they're all snuggled up and doing nicely, mum's had some food so hopefully that's a good sign that's she's feeling OK.

Just one little sneaky pic :D

[​IMG]

Going to have the day off work so once we've all had a good rest hope to post pics of the whole family later.

Annie

18. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

awww I'm sorry maybe littleone wasn't meant to be :cry:

Congrats on the kittys!!! Do you have plans for them yet?
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    NOw go get some well deserved sleep :!:

19. Annie

Annie New Member

Hi folks - well, had a bit of a snooze but too excited to stay in bed!! All the babes are spoken for and going to good homes - two to my oldest daughter who is on her way to see them as I type.

Just got the one question if anyone can help, have done a google search but found nothing - how long before mum pee's after the birth? Dusty hasn't been since about 6.00pm last night..........................

Annie

20. vene

vene New Member

Has Dusty gone to #1 yet? I would imagine she did by now. I don't see how she can hold it for so long. When I had my baby the nurses kept making sure I went potting at least every 3 hrs. It really hurts to go. Maybe that's why Dusty kept it in. How is she and the babes doing now?