1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The many faces of Haley

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by goob, Feb 20, 2005.

1. goob

goob New Member

All of these were taken during a 1/2 hr stretch while I was watching TV and she was trying to get my attention :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one I caught of Goo being jealous of Haley... she actually smudged the camera lense with this one :lol:
    [​IMG]

2. someday

someday New Member

Haley is such a ham! I love her! How can you not pay attention to that...lol

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Someday Said:
    I have to agree. A regular Honey Baked, spiral cut HAM. How cute!
    The one of Goo looked a little like a big old bear nose looking through a window at you.

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

LOL! It sure does! Great pics of Haley! She looks soooooo starved for attention. Hehe.

5. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

She is looking Good! When is her next appt. at the Vet?

6. goob

goob New Member

Three loooong weeks max (actually three weeks from this coming tuesday). She's acting completely normal though, so hopefully that's a good sign. And yes, she's absolutely starved for attention, as you can tell!

I didn't even notice the Goo's bearishness lovedapits, but you're right :lol:

7. Angie

Angie New Member

LOL!! I love that ear :lol:

8. Piper's Mom

Piper's Mom New Member

It's great to see Haley looking happy!

9. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Goob:
    You take such nice pics. Each time I see them, they are so focused and detailed. Of course, your dogs are perfect models.
    I suck at taking pics of dogs. I need to do so because of the shelter work I do. I need great pics for petfinder.com.
    Do you have any pointers, there is a few second delay and the dogs always move on me.
    I noticed you always get the perfect shot?
    I would appreciate any and all help!
    Thanks,
    Sue

10. goob

goob New Member

I'll be honest and say that I love the digi camera because I don't have to waste film on the numerous shots of the dogs turned this way or that... not looking at the camera :lol: They do generally do pretty well, comes from a lot of practice, but here's a few things that may help.

First, try this: push down the shutter button on your camera about halfway, see if it focuses itself. If it does, good deal, this will make it easier for you to get pics faster. What you do is position the dog, push the shutter half in to focus, then when they're how they need to be, push the shutter the rest of the way. This will get rid of most of the delay, increasing the number of shots that turn out decent.

Second, get GOOD treats (like liver, or rollover, something real smelly and tasty for them), and toys with squeakers. Play the dog up with it a bit (or give them a few pieces of the treats), then once they're expressing a good bit of interest, use it to hold their attention while you take the pic. Then reward handsomely for their patience. Our dogs don't get this often anymore, unless we're in a real high distraction area, but it's great for getting the attention of dogs you don't really know. If they know sit, sit them and take a few pics like that, it may help keep them more still.

A few other things to consider.... I prefer outside pics to inside with flash, as you can really see the dogs' eyes, not just their shiny retinas :lol: Plus, with darker colored dogs, it tends to lighten them up and make them look less flat, some pictrues I've taken of Goo inside, I can barely find her in them she's so dark. I HATE pictures of dogs from behind chainlink, it really detracts from the dog's expressions, and though the idea of a dog in "Jail" is really sad, I think it takes away more than it brings.