1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The platy is missing scales.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I noticed that one of my platies, two days after I bought it was losing scales, but the gourami and other fish do not pic on it and it is still losing more, what shoud I do? The molly is the only one that bothers it but, all this happened before it was introduced.

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

My platy is losing a bit more, a really need help, I don't know what to do?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte (actual numbers, please)?

-Chelle

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Amonnia: 0
    pH: 7.4
    I didn't get a good reading for one of them i forget the one but I think that my reading for nitrites was 0.2 and nitrates was around 5 ppm.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It's possible the other fish could be picking on it when you're not watching. I'd try isolating it for a while and adding some Melafix to speed healing. And keep an eye out for bacterial and/or fungal infections.

-Chelle

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Really? The guppies just recently started to nip at them, and the molly was added to the tank like a week after, and the scales were like that like the day or the other day after I bought them.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

My molly is appearing to be losing scales in a small area but for me its only ammonia burn, im doin a 100% water change to get rid of ammonia and cloudy water. Try double checking ur ammonia,

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks, I will.